By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (Rumor) Playstation 6 to be enhanced by generative AI. To feature Ray Reconstruction and Path Tracing

Sounds very interesting

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:

Path tracing, nice. Ray tracing, that is pretty underwhelming stuff.

Path Tracing is Ray Tracing.

Path Tracing is an algorithm of Ray Tracing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Random_Matt said:

Path tracing, nice. Ray tracing, that is pretty underwhelming stuff.

I know that. I was merely highlighting cyberpunk, base ray tracing is meh until you flick the path tracing slider to on.

Last edited by Random_Matt - on 10 February 2024

Please don't let this be real, AI will be the death of us.

It's like nobody in modern tech has seen The Terminator. -_-

Says AI stuff will be on Playstation 6 but that is hardware, says NPCs in games which is software. Up to devs to add that stuff. Will probs be on PC before PS6.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:

Says AI stuff will be on Playstation 6 but that is hardware, says NPCs in games which is software. Up to devs to add that stuff. Will probs be on PC before PS6.

A console is essentially both hardware and software, and games are essentially built on the 'console software' while keeping in mind the capabilities and the constraints of the hardware. The PS6 could certainly offer developers an easy way to utilize AI so everyone doesn't have to implement AI themselves. Additionally, Sony could certainly design the console to have hardware that makes AI efficient to implement in software, be it their own software or the developers'.

Random_Matt said:
Pemalite said:

I know that. I was merely highlighting cyberpunk, base ray tracing is meh until you flick the path tracing slider to on.

You worded your previous comment pretty poorly.

The Fury said:

A.I. "Stuff" can be on current gen consoles. You don't actually need tensor cores for that, it's preferred, but not a requirement.

So any successor console will of course have "A.I. Stuff".

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

CaptainExplosion said:

Please don't let this be real, AI will be the death of us.

It's like nobody in modern tech has seen The Terminator. -_-

No, it's more like you haven't seen the terminator. This is inevitable. It can't be stopped and was always meant to happen. 

Imagine a future where AI replaces online opponents in FPS. No more dude-bros, screaming gay slurs at you after every match, simply because you had the audacity to play the game in a way that they deem unacceptable.

Help us, AI.

You're our only hope.

JackHandy said:

Imagine a future where AI replaces online opponents in FPS. No more dude-bros, screaming gay slurs at you after every match, simply because you had the audacity to play the game in a way that they deem unacceptable.

Help us, AI.

You're our only hope.

Great, the teammates probably become some interesting AI girls who try to sell you their only fans...