By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you think there will be another Xbox console after Series X/S? (Next-Gen Console, Not revision)

Will there be another Xbox console gen after the Series X/S?

Yes 60 74.07%

No, Xbox Series X/S will ... 21 25.93%

Total:81
JRPGfan said:
OneTime said:

Microsoft need to give people a reason for buying Xbox rather than PS. It is starting to feel like a similar choice to "DELL or HP".

That means exclusive games with a distinctive Xbox style.

Gamepass is that.
if everything goes there, it could be enough to pull people one direction or another.
And I mean everything.

Day and date, Call of Duty, free World of Warcraft subscription baked into gamepass, ect ect.
Elder Scrolls, Indiana jones, Fable, gears, Fallout ect ect.

None of those games make me think "Xbox".  Gamepass isn't even Xbox exclusive anyway.  If Gamepass were *only* on Xbox (and if those games were not also on PC/PS5), then there would be a reason to buy an Xbox...

Around the Network
Leynos said:

The saddest thing to me is the SX is great hardware and it feels like an abandoned stepchild.

I'm a day one Series X owner and you couldn't have said it any better. The huge problem with Microsoft and Xbox is that they abandon their console completely for second gen in a row after they see that the gap to PlayStation is growing significantly. It almost seems like their approach is to beat PlayStation in sales or give up completely. There is no in between.

As for will there be another Xbox console? Sure, 99% there will be and Microsoft said so themselves. But with the recent developments around multiplatform release strategy and sales dropping like a rock, it's hard to see how they can turn this around and not lose marketshare yet again.

At first I wasn't expecting the Xbox Series sales to drop this bad. It started pretty decent.

I don't want Microsoft to stop making hardware. The Xbox 360 was really incredible, and while the sales are struggling, the Xbox Series is also a great console.

OneTime said:
JRPGfan said:

Gamepass is that.
if everything goes there, it could be enough to pull people one direction or another.
And I mean everything.

Day and date, Call of Duty, free World of Warcraft subscription baked into gamepass, ect ect.
Elder Scrolls, Indiana jones, Fable, gears, Fallout ect ect.

None of those games make me think "Xbox".  Gamepass isn't even Xbox exclusive anyway.  If Gamepass were *only* on Xbox (and if those games were not also on PC/PS5), then there would be a reason to buy an Xbox...

Fable and Gears don't make you think Xbox? Now you are making excuses to dismiss every Xbox game which is not a good argument. Game Pass is still by and large the most popular on Xbox consoles so Game Pass growth is going to be heavily influenced by how well the system sells, which not good right now. But if the system starts selling well because it has appealing games coming out, Game Pass subs will see growth. 

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 28 April 2024