By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are your favorite gaming decades the ones you experienced first?

Are your favorite gaming decades the ones you experienced first?

Yes 19 43.18%

No 25 56.82%

Total:44

Basically yes, I do favor 90's and 00's games. Most of my favorites are from early 90's.
Arguably I did experience some gaming already in 80's and don't much appreciate the games compared modern ones. (And I have minimal experience on this or even last decade games.)

Around the Network

Not really

I started gaming in the mid-80's, but my favorite gaming period is mid 90's to mid 2000's.

Early 2000s

BiON!@ 

First decade I experienced is the 1980s but the 90s are the best.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I take a bit of a different view. I don't really have a favorite decade for gaming. I started playing in the early '80s, and I look back fondly on those early games. But I also had a lot of enjoyment in the '90s. My favorite game of all time, Halo CE, came out in a 2000s, and I spent more time in the 2010's gaming than any other previous decade. So, they've all been great decades, in my opinion. Gaming is just a great hobby.

Around the Network

Yes. The eighties and nineties for me. The plug-and-play era (Atari-PS2) is what I prefer. After that, the industry changed massively. Now, it hardly even resembles the golden era. That's not objectively a bad thing, but it is a different thing... for sure.

Yes and no. Yes because some of my favorite games of all time that have stood the test of time are from the 90s, but at the same time, no because so many of my favorite games from that time have not aged well, even to the point of being practically unplayable lol. So for those kinds of games, I'm just nostalgic for them, but wouldn't have much interest in replaying them lol.

I guess it all depends on how you grown up.

I started gaming later because I couldn't afford video games, but then at the same time I got busy with adult responsibilities so my most memorable moments in gaming are the first few years of heavy playing games as in later years I haven't sampled enough games to make them more memorable.

I don't really have a clear favourite gaming decade, but I can tell you the 90s ain't really among the top decades (and that's when I got into gaming). It was a great time, but the greatness came later for me personally. Perhaps if I had access to more games back then and better English skills, I would have enjoyed gaming more, but I didn't, so there were limitations to how much I could enjoy gaming. Also, looking back, not all the games were really all that great either. I still enjoy games from the 90s, but objectively speaking, many of them really haven't really stood the test of time too well.

I've been playing games for as long as I can remember, so since the turn of the century or so, and my favorite gaming decade is the 2010's. To be fair, the 2010's is when I really started to "grow into my own" with gaming, because a lot of my tastes and options before that were a little shaped by my older brother. Anyhow, I think the 2020's will become my favorite.