By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

You guys don't understand the importance of having delegates going into a convention, and Kamala is not going to back stab Joe and divide the Democratic party.

Around the Network

Also, I believe Trump will pick Sen. JD Vance to be his running mate.

This was a terrible debate.

Trump-constant blatant lies, avoided answering direct questions & gave no specific policy details

Biden-Tried to give policy details but was such a mumbling and stuttering mess that it wasn’t very coherent

I don’t think this will move the needle much, obviously Republicans will vote Trump and Democrats will vote Biden but many independents and undecided voters will probably either sit out this election or possibly vote 3rd party because they think their options are crazy vs senile.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

only777 said:

Getting Biden out is no where near as simple as this.

Please read this piece by the BBC:

Can Biden be replaced as Democrat nominee?

in the future, I’d use a trusted information resource and not a comedy show for this sort of thing.

Looks pretty simple to me. All it takes is for Biden to say that he isn't healthy enough anymore, so he is withdrawing from the election. Given what was on TV last night, no sane person would doubt this reasoning. After all, this isn't just about being mentally capable enough to win the election in 2024, but also being trusted to be a competent president through the year 2028.

The concerns about elected delegates are overblown anyway. The whole system of primaries is known to be rigged (key term: super delegates), so who would be upset if the procedure isn't followed through for the purpose of a good cause. What's at stake here is if the USA continues to be a democracy.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

I don't like politics but Trump isn't politics he is the face of a Nazi party who wants a dictatorship. I'd vote for a moldy sandwich over Trump or any Republican. Kill all Nazis. Kill all Republicans. Jail the actual politicians who suck. (no Rebub is a politician at this stage)

moderated by the-pi-guy

Last edited by the-pi-guy - 1 day ago

Around the Network

What I saw last night was the worst debate in history. It had to be. There's no way any other could've been more miserable.

You know, before last night, I thought maybe Biden still had SOME remote like 25% chance of winning, and the bar was so low for him in this debate because nobody had any expectations of him to speak of and reportedly he'd spent weeks rigorously preparing for it, doing mock debates and all that (unlike Trump), but...yeah that theory's blown about 30,000 feet out of the water! I had low expectations of Biden going into this debate and he still managed to underwhelm even those. By a lot. The man I saw last night is not fit to be president. Not now at this moment and certainly not after another four and a half years of further mental and physical decline. He cannot handle the job. He has to be replaced. I don't care how. He may need some weeks of new polling data to process just how bad this was for him, but if that doesn't persuade him to drop out of the race then I'm for a brokered convention. Anything. Practically any other Democrat could do a better job! Biden has to quit. He cannot win. He doesn't even deserve to win! And I'm saying this as someone who voted for him last time.

I'm sorry to the liberals if it seems I'm hyperventilating here, but take this into consideration: not surprisingly, the first CNN poll of debate watchers -- which was most of the population -- found that two-thirds considered Trump the winner. That just says it all. Of course he won. Anyone could've beaten Biden in that debate! I'm an introvert who stumbles and struggles for words when conversing in-person myself and I say with confidence that even I could've beaten him! It doesn't matter where he theoretically stands on the issues at this point (whether he really managed to save Covid from Medicare or not, for example ), his cognitive state alone is disqualifying and will be seen that way by the public. If you like me are not in the Trump camp then it's officially time to panic. All options should be the table. Except renominating Biden.

Speaking of which, I mean would anyone seriously object to Biden being replaced at the convention? Like if you voted to renominate Biden earlier this year and you watched that debate last night, would you seriously make a fuss about your vote "being stolen from you"? Would the convention really go down in flames over it like it was 1968 all over again? Does anyone in America really love Joe Biden that much? I seriously doubt it. I don't think they do. Practically nobody would care about the process. It couldn't possibly hurt. Brokered convention. It's an option. I'm just saying!

I mean, today's Ipsos poll moved the needle by a whopping 1.5 points (most of that in favor of RFK) while the debate is still fresh in everyone's minds.

The problem is that this election will be decided by a few thousand voters in swing states, not that debates have the power to dramatically move the needle, even very poor ones like this.

haxxiy said:

I mean, today's Ipsos poll moved the needle by a whopping 1.5 points (most of that in favor of RFK) while the debate is still fresh in everyone's minds.

The problem is that this election will be decided by a few thousand voters in swing states, not that debates have the power to dramatically move the needle, even very poor ones like this.

Yeah I think the reactions are somewhat overblown in the sense that all the debate did was confirm to people what they already thought about these guys.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

He spoke in Raleigh, NC today., and this time he was in Dark Brandon mode. He needed that energy last night.

This debate COULD be a blessing in disguise if Democrats respond correctly. I only say this because they have sometime to figure out another candidate compared to if they debated in late September. It seems clear Biden is not mentally and physically fit to be president for another 4 years.

I could be overreacting to a bad night for Biden. I hope I am. 

Last edited by smroadkill15 - 2 days ago