By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

This is so fucking bad...

Around the Network

1. Trump is gonna win this debate.

2. Biden's raspy voice is embarrassing.

3. Biden continues to forget his train of thought. How sad.

BFR said:

3. Biden continues to forget his train of thought. How sad.

We finally beat Medicare, though!  That evil Medicare!  If he can just spout out anything from the mouth, obviously nothing can be taken seriously.  He's not mentally capable of saying a full paragraph.  But... Honestly, I expected so very much worse than what he did tonight.

The "We finally beat Medicare" quote isn't something a normally functioning US president should say.  The only thing Biden has going for him is that he's not Trump for everyone who doesn't like Trump that would vote for a literal river-log before they voted for Biden.  Biden can't stand on his own merit, only, "But tRump...!"

My mind was made up when Biden said, "[Vote for me] or you ain't black."  Would never.  Will never.

Trump is going to be president because liberals were stupid enough to run Biden when clearly his mental capability isn't there.

Well done DNC.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
the-pi-guy said:

I think people do care about messaging, but I think people care more about events. People care about the economy and abortion rights. 

A lot of people care about Ukraine and Palestine.

Which of these things will push people over.

Foreign policy tends to rank low in the things people care about when it comes to an election doesn't it? If Trump wins, I believe it will almost entirely be down to the economy/cost of living but I'm still leaning towards a Biden win despite what some polls are saying, I'll worry when we're a month or two from election.

Biden needs to focus on bringing cost of living down, the Republicans don't exactly have a good attack angle for immigration anymore, like what? The Democrats are letting immigrants flood into our country! Okay, it was the Republicans who blocked the border bill based on orders from Trump, Lol. Need to make sure everyone knows who is to blame for ripping away women's bodily rights too.

1) Those bills tends to include other stuff like aid for country x, more taxes, etc.

2) In less than a year the Republicans can come with an better bill, Democrats kind of fecked it up, they were extremely Pro-Immigration and Anti-Trump's administration but it backfired thanks to the high number of immigrants coming in the last years.  

Let's face it Republicans sending Immigrants with busses to Pro Democrat states like NY was a great move. 

NY being an insane expensive place to live while meanwhile closing down schools/take over hotels so immigrants can live their will make people angry

Ny being an state that was so left winged and having protests with 'Feck blue lives' has reduced the police force , but when this happens around a time criminality is on the rise people will be fed up.

Whatever the democrats do or say the Pro Immigrants open border sticker is hard to remove....

Mark your calendars people, Sept. 10 is the next debate between these guys, and probably the last one as things look right now.

Chrkeller said:

Trump is going to be president because liberals were stupid enough to run Biden when clearly his mental capability isn't there.

Well done DNC.

Biden is not fit to be president for another four years, but as far as I know, it has yet to be finalized that he will be the democrats' candidate (would happen in August). So nothing is lost yet, because there's clearly enough time left to change course and nominate someone else. And they should.

From what I gathered - from the Daily Show's analysis of course - Trump isn't going to win over undecided voters with his performance, because he did all of his usual things. The actual damage from this debate is that many people are now less inclined to vote for Biden, so there's an opportunity to fix things and it's all in the hands of the democrats.

Also, I don't think the democrats have to worry too much about who they nominate instead of Biden, because of how basic the questions in this year's election are. The majority of Americans does not want Trump as president, so any at least half-decent alternative that emits confidence will be good enough. Biden is not up to this task anymore due to his age, but it's not like democrats are short of viable and much younger options.

At this point it wouldn't hurt the democrats if they were bolder. In 2020 they picked Biden because he was the safest option as former vice president under Obama; Biden ran a campaign of bringing Americans back together, but four years later nothing has really changed about the divide. So instead of a strategy of appeasement to the far-right, borderline far-right and those who sympathize with the far-right, a strategy of smackdown would be more appropriate. Don't try to make friends with Trump fans, don't try to extend their hand to them, just call them out for the lunatics they are. Give confidence to the people who'd like the USA to remain a democracy. The democrats' platform shouldn't be about how they can satisfy Trump fans, but rather about how they can satisfy the majority of the USA.

Because the strategy of appeasement seems to always fail. Appeasing the anti-vaxxer movement led to growth for said movement, appeasing Putin resulted in escalation, appeasing anti-immigration folks only ever leads to more and more people believing that all immigration does is threatening life and prosperity.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

The Democratic Party should put up another candidate in the next few weeks. There are still several months before the election. But the US political system is quite drawn out compared to normal ones, so they should move on that ASAP.

Biden comes off as older than my 99 year old grandfather. But just about anyone can win against Trump as long as they can appear competent and normal.

Biden 

Trump 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Switching out Biden now, I think is the right move, but always is dangerous as crap. Still needs to be done, but the election isn't that far away... if they are going to switch, it needs to be right now. Building a strategic campaign isn't something that should be done in a month. They should start now.

My big frustration wasn't Biden being a train wreck last night, but rather anybody with a clue knew for a year it was going to be a train wreck. Not sure why it is taking the general populous to figure out the blatantly obvious.

Edit

And this thread is shockingly quiet today.  I was expecting a bit more energy.  Maybe some people are still recovering from last night.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - 2 days ago

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED