By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

I'm not American, but after Jan 6th Capitol attack how can anyone support Trump? Was it not the greatest attack on your democracy since the civil war?

Because a large chunk of the US don't really care about Democracy. "America is a Republic, not a Democracy."

A horrifying chunk of America has convinced themselves that Democrats are evil.

They think women shouldn't have careers

“I want to speak directly to you briefly because I think it is you, the women, who have had the most diabolical lies told to you,” he said.

“How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world.”

They're convinced that gay and trans people are predators. 

And of course if you think these absurd things, then stopping it at any cost is just what any decent American would do.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Also, you forgot about Zorg, I'll remind you of his question which you also conveniently ignored after making a statement about something broad but then only focusing on a singular issue.

"How are they the same in regards to healthcare, abortion, immigration, infrastructure, climate change, crime, LGBT rights, voting rights, gun safety, childcare, student loans, marijuana legalization, labor rights, housing, tax policy, etc?"

Clearly these things don’t matter to the American people, the one and only issue that affects American’s voting patterns is foreign policy.

Honestly, I feel the need to apologise too because I'm utterly sick to death of arguing with people willingly or unknowingly spreading Russia propaganda and disgusting victim blaming, the only purpose of which serves to weaken support for Ukraine and throw them to the wolves and I know foreign policy keeps dominating this thread despite there being dozens of other critical issues that affect America but I often can't help myself and feel I have to respond because it's fucked up.

Also I'm a Brit so a lot of the domestic issues don't affect me but I still feel sympathy for those that they do, but as a Brit as well, I don't consider Republicans as an ally of the UK and especially Trump, UK is Europe and Trump will willingly abandon us which could lead us (Europe) down a dangerous path as a collective, I would be proud for UK to defend the Baltics but Trump will watch us die as he himself said, he would let Russia "do whatever the hell it wanted" to our allies, the sick fuck.

The way I see it, if Trump wins then Ukraine loses, which is a horrific event all on its own but will also embolden Russia further to take more, Moldova will be next and Moldova will not be able to withstand Russia like Ukraine did, they will be done in couple months with their tiny army and then where else does that lead Russia? Do they take their chances on the Baltics knowing America won't protect them? Do they send in their "little green men" to cause trouble? How long until Europe is on a direct collision course with Russia without America backing us?

I would love if he responded to only you but I feel like he'll continue to avoid you, the reason he latched onto foreign policy is because it's closest to his statement that they're "both the same" except even on foreign policy they are largely different, over half of Republicans voted against Ukraine aid and all Democrats voted in favour (in House) and when it comes to Israel support, more Republicans support that than Democrats. Everything else you mentioned, Democrats and Republicans are completely opposite on.

Baffling to me how so called leftists who apparently care for human rights, treating people fairly, hate imperialism, etc, can rush to Russia's defence all because their logic goes as far as "America bad" and then large members of the right wing have gone from "better dead than red" to "omg I love Russia" in the span of a couple dozen years because Russia is seen as a "anti-woke, anti-LGBT, white-persons paradise" and for the record I consider myself on the left, a Labour/Democrat supporter who would have loved to see Bernie as President and once supported Corbyn strongly.

But yes, there are a lot of other issues we should be talking about and I'm sorry this thread keeps focusing on foreign policy.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 May 2024

Ryuu96 said:
zorg1000 said:

Clearly these things don’t matter to the American people, the one and only issue that affects American’s voting patterns is foreign policy.

Honestly, I feel the need to apologise too because I'm utterly sick to death of arguing with people willingly or unknowingly spreading Russia propaganda and disgusting victim blaming, the only purpose of which serves to weaken support for Ukraine and throw them to the wolves and I know foreign policy keeps dominating this thread despite there being dozens of other critical issues that affect America but I often can't help myself and feel I have to respond because it's fucked up.

Also I'm a Brit so a lot of the domestic issues don't affect me but I still feel sympathy for those that they do, but as a Brit as well, I don't consider Republicans as an ally of the UK and especially Trump, UK is Europe and Trump will willingly abandon us which could lead us (Europe) down a dangerous path as a collective, I would be proud for UK to defend the Baltics but Trump will watch us die as he himself said, he would let Russia "do whatever the hell it wanted" to our allies, the sick fuck.

The way I see it, if Trump wins then Ukraine loses, which is a horrific event all on its own but will also embolden Russia further to take more, Moldova will be next and Moldova will not be able to withstand Russia like Ukraine did, they will be done in couple months with their tiny army and then where else does that lead Russia? Do they take their chances on the Baltics knowing America won't protect them? Do they send in their "little green men" to cause trouble? How long until Europe is on a direct collision course with Russia without America backing us?

I would love if he responded to only you but I feel like he'll continue to avoid you, the reason he latched onto foreign policy is because it's closest to his statement that they're "both the same" except even on foreign policy they are largely different, over half of Republicans voted against Ukraine aid and all Democrats voted in favour (in House) and when it comes to Israel support, more Republicans support that than Democrats. Everything else you mentioned, Democrats and Republicans are completely opposite on.

Baffling to me how so called leftists who apparently care for human rights, treating people fairly, hate imperialism, etc, can rush to Russia's defence all because their logic goes as far as "America bad" and then large members of the right wing have gone from "better dead than red" to "omg I love Russia" in the span of a couple dozen years because Russia is seen as a "anti-woke, anti-LGBT, white-persons paradise" and for the record I consider myself on the left, a Labour/Democrat supporter who would have loved to see Bernie as President and once supported Corbyn strongly.

But yes, there are a lot of other issues we should be talking about and I'm sorry this thread keeps focusing on foreign policy.

No need to apologize, foreign policy is absolutely a very important issue worth discussing and it makes sense as a non-American why that would be far more of a concern to you.

I just find it odd how that’s the only topic he wants to discuss when talking about how both sides are the same.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ryuu96 said:
firebush03 said:

edit: later today I’ll be dropping some facts on y’all. You guys won’t be ready for this. It’s the long awaited return of FireBush in the politics chat: Be prepared Ryuu96 and Pi-Guy.

Also, you forgot about Zorg, I'll remind you of his question which you also conveniently ignored after making a statement about something broad but then only focusing on a singular issue.

"How are they the same in regards to healthcare, abortion, immigration, infrastructure, climate change, crime, LGBT rights, voting rights, gun safety, childcare, student loans, marijuana legalization, labor rights, housing, tax policy, etc?"

Ryuu, I’ll get back to this tomorrow. Got distracted today. I can go into it, and very in-depth as well. Just give me a minutes, it’s late and I wanna sleep.

p.s. keep dismissing all points I make as Russian propaganda, and I’ll continue to view you as being willfully ignorant. I’ll have stuff tomorrow, just slipped my mind today.

I'm not American, but after Jan 6th Capitol attack how can anyone support Trump? Was it not the greatest attack on your democracy since the civil war?

Lol you think the Trump supporters would be strong enough to hold back the military? Or would the military side with Trump?

Around the Network
firebush03 said:

Lol you think the Trump supporters would be strong enough to hold back the military? Or would the military side with Trump?

US citizens have the right to bear arms in case of a situation in which the government no longer protects the citizens rights. (Push come to shove, military would destroy the common folk.)

The Military is bound to the Commander in Chief, the US President.

Also why are we so far off course in this thread. This is about their platforms and how there are similarities and differences.

I'll add in RFK Jr's along with Jill Stein and Cornel West tomorrow (hopefully they have their platforms on their pages, finding Biden's was rather difficult).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

zorg1000 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, and as long as this is the case american politics will be getting worse and worse.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Government Support to Ukraine Ordered by % of GDP.

1. Estonia (Former Soviet State).
  2. Denmark
  3. Lithuania (Former Soviet State).
  4. Latvia (Former Soviet State).
  5. Finland (Borders Russia)
  6. Poland
  7. Slovakia
  8. Sweden
  9. Netherlands
  10. Czech Republic
  11. Norway
  12. Croatia
  13. Germany
  14. Bulgaria
  15. United Kingdom
  16. Canada
  17. United States
  18. Luxembourg 
  19. Belgium
  20. Austria
  21. Iceland
  22. France
  23. Slovenia
  24. Japan
  25. Switzerland
  26. Italy
  27. Spain

Ukraine Support Tracker | Kiel Institute

Ukraine's strongest supporters are mostly former Soviet states and/or countries which are closer to Russia.

Meanwhile, France broached the subject of sending troops into Ukraine, only for Germany, UK and USA to publicly shut that down in an instant. While other countries closer to Russia are seriously considering it, so much for big bad America desperate for war with Russia ey?

Lets see what else this big meany head America does...

Meanwhile...

America is paralysed by unfounded fear of war with Russia, despite what some claim, that America wants war with Russia, every single action America had made over the past two years says otherwise, a desperate and pathetic attempt to avoid upsetting Russia persists by America and Western Europe while Eastern Europe throw everything on the line to stop Russia. Stop listening to Russia and start listening to countries that were actually occupied by Russia once before or mistreated by Russia as to why they're fighting so hard to save Ukraine.

Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, all former Soviet States, all countries that modern Russia has violently stolen land from.

Armenia as well, currently moving more towards Europe due to Russia abandoning them to Azerbaijan's violence.

America and Western Europe consistently put redlines on themselves, redlines which Russia does not have. Russia told us that ATGMs would be a redline, The UK broke that taboo, not America. Russia told us MBTs would be a redline, The UK broke that taboo, not America. Russia told us that long-range missiles would be a redline, The UK broke that taboo, not America.

America's problem isn't that they're too eager for war with Russia as some would claim, America's problem is that they're being too cowardly in dealing with Russia, likely cause they feel safe across the ocean and nothing Russia does could possibly threaten America militarily. There's a reason why America keeps being mocked with the label "Escalation Management"

Now I'm not saying America hasn't been a vital support, they have, without America, Ukraine would have likely lost but America consistently shows a lack of bravery with stupid restrictions it enforces on Ukraine and by GDP, many in Europe exceed America in support for Ukraine but people here would claim that America is chomping at the bit for war, those have barely followed the war at all to claim such a thing.

Biden Admin/Jake Sullivan are too afraid to do the right thing meanwhile Trump would completely abandon Ukraine and European allies, Biden is much better in this regard but that doesn't mean he's perfect or not deserving of any criticism and especially flies in the face of any bullshit that Biden wants a war with Russia when you actually look at the facts.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 May 2024

firebush03 said:

Doesn't matter.  What Trump did was so far over the line he should have zero support.  It is appalling to me that someone can try to overturn an election and "constitutionalists" are ok with it.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

firebush03 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Ryuu, I’ll get back to this tomorrow. Got distracted today. I can go into it, and very in-depth as well. Just give me a minutes, it’s late and I wanna sleep.

p.s. keep dismissing all points I make as Russian propaganda, and I’ll continue to view you as being willfully ignorant. I’ll have stuff tomorrow, just slipped my mind today.

Keep parroting Putin's excuses and I'll keep accusing you of spreading Russian propaganda

You in this thread said that NATO is to blame for Russia invading and that we should stop supporting Ukraine. What a coincidence, exactly what Russia says (among their thousand of other excuses) and exactly what Russia (the aggressor/invading country) wants, for us to give up on Ukraine so Russia can more easily takeover the rest of it. This is what happens when "America bad" is the entire basis of peoples foreign policy.

Guys like you think that Ukraine has no agency, neither do Poland, Czech Republic, Finland, The Baltics, Romania, etc. Your American arrogance has you believe that they're brainless idiots controlled by America and they don't deserve their own agency. Ukraine has the right as an independent country to want to join NATO (a defensive organisation), especially since they've been attacked by their neighbour for the past 10 years.

I'm sure it brings you comfort to know that Ukraine cannot currently join NATO though, as it is in an active conflict with Russia, nor could Ukraine have joined NATO in the past 10 years as they were in an active conflict with Russia (Donbas/Crimea - Exactly as engineered by Russia) nor could Ukraine join NATO before that as France/Germany rejected the idea, despite what America wanted at the time.

I'm pretty sure that guys like you don't understand the purpose of NATO at all, your "America bad" and American arrogance has led you to believe that America is the sole controller of NATO, you see that America is a part of NATO and instantly recoil in terror, would we be having the same conversations if todays conflict was happening but America wasn't a part of NATO? Probably not.

I don't even think you knew that every single country has to vote YES for another country joining.

NATO is about primarily protecting Europe and there's not a single country that has ever left it despite them being free to do so meanwhile there's a lot of countries who couldn't wait to get away sooner from the Soviet Union and even now countries in Russia's CSTO distancing themselves from Russia, I wonder why so many countries hate Russia...Ah...America! Of course!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 May 2024