By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Palworld has sold over 5 million copies in just 3 days

Recently passed 2 million concurrent players.

https://steamdb.info/charts/?sort=peak

Around the Network

Will it pass PUBG? We shall see...

KLAMarine said:

Will it pass PUBG? We shall see...

I really hope so.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Oh shit lol

https://corporate.pokemon.co.jp/media/news/detail/335.html

TPC looking for blood (after being spammed by a bunch of Pokemaniacs)

BasilZero said:

Oh shit lol

https://corporate.pokemon.co.jp/media/news/detail/335.html

TPC looking for blood (after being spammed by a bunch of Pokemaniacs)

This doesn't look like they are going for blood. This is more like they need to say "We know Palworld exists, we're looking into it, please stop spamming us".

I hope they do nothing. They have no ground to stand on this, and it will only look like they are bullying their competition once it becomes big enough to actually be competition.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Yeah, reminder that Japan has no fair use law and this thing has been public since 2021. Of course they knew about it, no need to be salty and outraged in their behalf (or be like the Twitter dude who made up that the models were the dame just because he was mad at animal cruelty or something).

Pokemon fans are angry that a developer made a early access game that looks and runs better than pokemon on the switch?

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I think it's a bit silly people are giving this game a free pass just because it's Game Freak they're "stealing" from. I definitely want Game Freak to pull themselves together and make a high effort game, but regardless of whether it's any good, Palworld is not that. To be a little harsh it's basicly an amalgamation of popular things with a side order of shock value. It would be hard for anyone to prove or disprove if they really did use AI in their designs, but the real issue is that the designs are derivative enough that it doesn't sound completely off. And while the designs are the main issue it also seems to have borrowed an awful lot of mechanics, UI, etc. from other games.

TBH it also sets a bad precedent for the industry. The same way that GASS trends have let many a developer to the dark side, this shows that derivative amalgamation games can have massive succes. Next we'll have Animal Crossing with guns or Call of Duty with Care Bears or any number of combinations of existing concepts and IPs all intentionally staying just on the edge of copyright infringements. And even if Palworld didn't use AI some of those definitely will.

In summation: I agree with most Game Freak criticisms and didn't buy Scarlet and Violet for that reason, but I also wouldn't buy Palworld for similar reasons. Both are in my eyes lazy, questionable games albeit in different ways.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

8m in 6 days (and on a single platform at that) makes this one of the fastest selling games of all time. Madness, and it's only getting more popular every day. Ahead of this time yesterday in player count currently so could peak yet again.

They really put out some stuffs that I would love to see in a pokemon game, like for example, using your pals abilities outside of battle to solve puzzles in the overworld.

We reap what we sow