By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Video Game Music of 2024

A couple of indie FPS games soundtracks have caught my attention so far this year!

Mullet Mad Jack - A cool Roguelike FPS that has 80s/90s anime vibes with a great synth wave soundtrack and just some sick gaming tunes. A few examples

Selaco - Doom meets Half-Life meets System Shock. Perfect bass heavy, techno soundtrack to go along with some great action!

Around the Network

Personally, while TTYD doesn’t have any/many original pieces of music, the instrumentation and presentation is unbelievably strong. So much energy in the pieces, and they aren’t even using real instrument. (Or it doesn’t sound like it at least…)

Wman1996 said:

So far, it's the 3 JRPG remakes
Persona 3 Reload - Full Moon Full Life is pretty great and there's a lot of strong music in general.
FFVII Rebirth - "No Promises to Keep" is a masterpiece of a song, and it's just one track from the game.
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - You have the option in almost every case to listen to the OG renditions, and only a few of the new renditions are notably weaker (Moon Fortress is better on GCN vs Switch).

TTYD added.

G2ThaUNiT said:

A couple of indie FPS games soundtracks have caught my attention so far this year!

Mullet Mad Jack - A cool Roguelike FPS that has 80s/90s anime vibes with a great synth wave soundtrack and just some sick gaming tunes. A few examples

Selaco - Doom meets Half-Life meets System Shock. Perfect bass heavy, techno soundtrack to go along with some great action!

Both games added to the list.

Been quite busy to add anything new recently, but I have to make mention of Shadow of the Erdtree's music. Some excellent pieces to be found there.

Shadow of the erd tree cause it's all I played. It was pretty damn good, not amazing memorable or anything but good.