Qwark said:

Xbox series, 7.5 million

Shtinamin_ said:

Xbox Series: 8.71M

Phenomajp13 said:

XBOX 10 million

firebush03 said:

8mil for Xbox.

I'm curious why you guys think Xbox will sell more consoles this year, than last?
What is it based on? This is mainly because we're only 4 pages in, but so many seem to think, that Xbox will be up this year in sales.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
DroidKnight said:

Xbox ~ 9.8m.

psychicscubadiver said:

Xbox: ~8M

Qwark said:

Xbox series, 7.5 million

Shtinamin_ said:

Xbox Series: 8.71M

Phenomajp13 said:

XBOX 10 million

firebush03 said:

8mil for Xbox.

I'm curious why you guys think Xbox will sell more consoles this year, than last?
What is it based on? This is mainly because we're only 4 pages in, but so many seem to think, that Xbox will be up this year in sales.

In my case I think Indiana Jones can move some consoles during the holidays. So mostly better holiday sales. I also expect some hardware sales from Call of Duty day one on game pass for free.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
JRPGfan said:

In my case I think Indiana Jones can move some consoles during the holidays. So mostly better holiday sales. I also expect some hardware sales from Call of Duty day one on game pass for free.

That actually makes sense to me..... if Call of Duty goes on gamepass, I could see Series S sales getting a big boost come christmas time.
Maybe you guys are right, and it actually goes up abit this year.

I dont think Indiana Jones will do much tbh.  Starfield/redfall/Motorsports/Hi-fi Rush, didnt do much 2023, and starfield was crazy hyped.

JRPGfan said:

I think that because Microsoft now has a bunch of connections and gaming companies, and have more exclusive content than last year. So essentially a hunch. Xbox usually sells near 6-9M each year. I'm being optimistic.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

JRPGfan said:

I think a significant number of people were picking up a Series X because they couldn’t find a PS5. Since that was no longer the case last year, there was a shift away from Xbox. But it’s a one time thing so we shouldn’t see that kind of drop this year again (at least not for that reason). I also think they have a solid lineup that can push sales, primarily with Indy but also Hellblade.

The flip side would be if many Xbox games get PS5 versions announced or if the speculation pushes people toward PS5. That could absolutely do damage to Xbox hardware.

Around the Network
BonfiresDown said:
JRPGfan said:

I think a significant number of people were picking up a Series X because they couldn’t find a PS5. Since that was no longer the case last year, there was a shift away from Xbox. But it’s a one time thing so we shouldn’t see that kind of drop this year again (at least not for that reason). I also think they have a solid lineup that can push sales, primarily with Indy but also Hellblade.

The flip side would be if many Xbox games get PS5 versions announced or if the speculation pushes people toward PS5. That could absolutely do damage to Xbox hardware.

Rumored/leaks/datamined:

Sea of Thieves
Halo Infinite
Master Chief Collection
Hi-Fi Rush
Hellblade
Gears of War Collection

Are heading for Playstation 5. You think this will have a effect on xbox sales?

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 02 February 2024

Shtinamin_ said:
DonFerrari said:

I saw somewhere (and may be fake) that Nintendo said in a earning call that they don't plan to manufacture enough Switch to outsell PS2.

I haven't seen anything yet.
If you can find it, then we can have closure.
Until then, we will continue to make assumptions, and logical assessments.

Honestly, that would be rather sad if that earning call is true.

If you find it, please let us know.

I wouldn't put much credibility on it since it was someone in twitter (he may have confused the forecast for 2023 as their full production).

Since in a few days we will get Nintendo results for the 23 fiscal year and perhaps forecast for 24 we will have an idea of how confident they are on it passing PS2.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:

This is mainly because we're only 4 pages in, but so many seem to think, that Xbox will be up this year in sales.

This is depending on your settings.

Mine are 100 posts per page, and this thread is only 1 page for me. It's much easier, nicer, and compact this way.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

XtremeBG said:
JRPGfan said:

This is mainly because we're only 4 pages in, but so many seem to think, that Xbox will be up this year in sales.

This is depending on your settings.

Mine are 100 posts per page, and this thread is only 1 page for me. It's much easier, nicer, and compact this way.

Make it a lot easier to quote and search as well, although I gone back to 10 few years ago.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Shtinamin_ said:

I haven't seen anything yet.
If you can find it, then we can have closure.
Until then, we will continue to make assumptions, and logical assessments.

Honestly, that would be rather sad if that earning call is true.

If you find it, please let us know.

I wouldn't put much credibility on it since it was someone in twitter (he may have confused the forecast for 2023 as their full production).

Since in a few days we will get Nintendo results for the 23 fiscal year and perhaps forecast for 24 we will have an idea of how confident they are on it passing PS2.

Wait isn't the 2023 FY ending on March 31 2024?
I think you just meant the results from 2023.

Is the FY 2024 forecast released in the Q3 report on Feb 6?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.