By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best console from 2023

Which console had the best year in 2023?

Nintendo Switch 27 47.37%

PlayStation 5 21 36.84%

Xbox Series X/S 4 7.02%

Steam Deck 4 7.02%

Oculus Quest 3 0 0%

Oculus Quest 2 0 0%

PlayStation VR 2 0 0%

PlayStation Portal 0 0%

Lenovo Legion Go 0 0%

Atari 2600+ 1 1.75%

Total:57

Nintendo Switch and Miyoo Mini + for me

Around the Network

2023 games with a MetaScore of 90+:

• PlayStation 5: 9 PS5 games
  • Lenovo Legion Go: 9 PC games
  • Steam Deck: 9 PC games (7 verified, 2 playable)
  • Nintendo Switch: 8 Switch games
  • Xbox Series: 6 XBS games
  • PlayStation VR 2: 3 PSVR2 games (Resident Evil 4 Remake, Tetris Effect: Connected, Moss: Book 2)
  • Oculus Quest: 1 Quest game (Asgarth's Wrath 2)

whole game library end of 2023 with a MetaScore of 90+:

• Lenovo Legion Go: 144 PC games (probably some of them not compatible or bad game experience)
  • Steam Deck: 83 PC games (40 verified, 43 playable)
  • Xbox Series: 82 XBS-compatible games (13 XBS + 23 XBO + 35 X360 + 11 Originals) 
  • PlayStation 5: 45 PS5-compatible games (17 PS5 games + 28 PS4 games)
  • Nintendo Switch: 34 Switch games
  • PlayStation VR 2: 3 PSVR2 games (Resident Evil 4 Remake, Tetris Effect: Connected, Moss: Book 2)
Last edited by Conina - on 13 January 2024

Hm, not sure why Lenovo Legion Go is considered a console, but given that it runs Windows 11, amount of processing power it packs that pretty much everything PC will run on it, plus (for those who are willing to) it can run without a problem Switch emulators, I can easily see it taking the top spot.

Conina said:

• Lenovo Legion Go: 144 PC games (probably some of them not compatible or bad game experience)
  • Xbox Series: 82 XBS-compatible games (13 XBS + 23 XBO + 35 X360 + 11 Originals) 

The problem with using Metacritic as a criteria for counting reviews is the lack of reviews for a lot of games. There is also the problem with a game score not being consistent across platforms. A game can score 90 on PS5, but that same game score 85 on Xbox or visa versa. Metacritic is really only useful when breaking it down by individual game. 

Conina said:

So.. how does this work? Do we just pretend that Xbox and PC gamers don't have access to The Talos Principle 2? Or that Switch gamers don't have access to Rogue Legacy 2? Or that PC gamers don't have access to Moss II?

Around the Network

I stopped basing my opinions of games on Metacritic back in the 7th gen personally.
I've enjoyed many games that scored in the 70s or even the 60s, while I've found games that scored in the 90s to be a tedious slog.
There are so many fun games I would have missed out on if I listened to Metacritic.

Switch is a no go for me since I don't do portable gaming and I don't really play Nintendo games since SNES era. Default is PS5 for me. I'm really liking the PS4 backwards compatibility as I work to complete that library along with the newer PS5 games.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Nintendod Switch released more classics. But the PS5 had the better graphics and plus actually had original games. Xbox well xbox bought more companies and is now the EA of the console wars.

BiON!@