1. Super Mario RPG

2. Mega Man X4

3. Cadence of Hyrule

4. Persona 5 Royal

5. Mario vs. Donkey Kong

Last edited by FarleyMcFirefly - on 30 March 2024

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
  1. Tales of Arise: Beyond The Dawn (Xbox Series X) - 100% (205G/205G)
  2. Persona 3 Reload (Xbox Series X)

2023 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9424402
2022 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9348180
2021 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9260905
2020 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9092024
2019 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950250
2018 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950254

Last edited by derpysquirtle64 - 8 hours ago

1. Streets of Rage (1991) - Switch - multiplayer
2. Kingdom: Two Crowns - Switch - multiplayer

Last edited by Jumpin - on 04 January 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Update as of January 4th 2024.

Beaten so far in 2024
-Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC)

Currently Playing

I started out by beating Star Wars Jedi Knight Academy this year. Nothing beats the original!

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Attempting to beat as many Mario games as I can this year. So that will stack up a bit on here hopefully. Not planning on giving up on other games so I'll see how many of those I can beat as well. 

• Games Beaten: 
    • Mario x Rabbids: Battle Kingdom (1/21)  
    • New Super Mario Bros. (2/2)
    • Super Mario 64 (1/15)
    • Super Mario Bros. (1/7)
    • Super Mario Bros. 2 (1/7)
    • Super Maro Bros. 3 (1/8)
    • Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels (1/8)
    • Super Mario Galaxy (2/4)
    • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1/8)
    • Super Mario Sunshine (1/29)
    • Super Mario World (1/9)
    • Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2 (1/11)
    • We Love Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie (1/4)
  • Games Currently playing:
    • Paper Mario
  • Next Up (non mario)
    • Prince of Persia *depending on reviews
    • Turnip Boy Robs a Bank
    • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • The Great Mario Playthrough: 
    • Super Mario 3D Land 
    • New Super Mario Bros U 
    • New Super Luigi U
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • Super Mario Odyssey
    • Bowser's Fury
    • Super Mario Wonder
    • Super Mario RPG
    • Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga 
    • Mario vs Donkey Kong
    • mario vs donkey Kong 2: attack of the minis
    • Princess Peach Showtime!
    • Paper Mario
    • Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door
    • Paper Mario: The Origami King
    • Luigi's Mansion
    • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
    • Mario + Rabbids: Battle Kingdom Donkey Kong Expansion

Going to try to play these games if I can find my copies of them (or if Nintendo decides to release them this year). Maybe if I'm lucky they'll remake the 3DS games for the Switch. I doubt it but I can dream at least. 

• Super Mario Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. 
  • New Super Mario Bros Wii
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • New Super Mario Bros 2
  • Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam 
  • Super Princess Peach
Last edited by axumblade - on 04 February 2024

1. The Callisto Protocol

Decent, but a step down from Dead Space. 7/10.

Completed:

1. Blasphemous 2 (PC)

Finished Resident Evil 4 remake which I started last year. Playing through both Mario Wonder and Death End Re;quest at the moment.

Super Metroid (On SNES-Mini).

This was the first time playing Super Metroid. I finished it a few days ago (4th January). I started it playing it on my SNES-mini very end of Dec 2023. I recently finished Resident Evil Village VR mode (November 2023) and Resident Evil 4 remake (in December 2023). Now I'm playing FF16 So I've recently had an amazing time of gaming.

I had a Super Nintendo when I was little but never knew about the Metroid series until Metroid Prime came out on GameCube in 2002/3. I remember the Metroid Prime TV ad of Samus jumping off the Spaceship at the beginning of the game in the early 2000s. I ended up loving the Metroid Prime series for it's immersive experience of mystery & puzzle mechanics inside of a Metroidvania style of world with a theme of a retro-sci-fi type of dark and lonely atmosphere. It was super immersive.
I had MP1 and MP2 on GameCube and then had MP3 for Wii. I got really far on them all but I never completed them until I bought the Wii Trilogy years later. The motion controls were amazing, so I finished them consecutively.
I also had Metroid Other M on Wii but never completed it.
I had/have a friend who had all/most past Metroid games (also the 2D series), so I generally knew other games are in the series. I've always wanted to play Super Metroid but never got round to it.

When Metroid Dread came I out I quickly completed that. That is the first 2D Metroid-series game I actually completed. I was already super-hyped for Metroid Prime 4 so I then bought the rest of the entire series as I already owned the older consoles like NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, 3DS. So I bought:
Metroid 1: Metroid Nes Classics (GBA port)
Metroid 1 (remake): Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
Metroid 2: Return of Samus (Gameboy)
Metroid 2 (remake): Samus Returns (3DS)
Metroid 3: Super Metroid (SNES)
Metroid 4: Metroid Fusion (GBA)

I also have a NES-mini & SNES-mini (therefore Metroid & Super Metroid) and playing the rest of the series became my goal. I wanted to play the series consecutively (at first) so I started playing Metroid on my NES-mini but didn't end up completing it. It was hard to navigate. Then Metroid Prime Remastered came out, and it was amazing. I was craving for Metroid Prime 4 when I thought of the best idea I could do, skip Metroid 1 & 2 and just play 3; Super Metroid. I decided to play Super Metroid on my SNES-mini (despite recently also buying the SNES cartridge & downloading a rom). It was easily the best decision I have made. The game is amazing. The graphics are so timeless, that time makes it look better as it ages. Super Metroid is a truly great game with amazing atmosphere. The closest thing to a 2D Metroid Prime. I would give it close to 10/10 or somewhere between 95% to 100%. Maybe 98%. A masterpiece.

Other Metroid Games I bought and need to Complete & Console I will play them on:
Metroid 1: Metroid (NES-mini)
Metroid 1 (remake): Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
Metroid 2: Return of Samus (Gameboy)
Metroid 2 (remake): Samus Returns (3DS)
Metroid 4: Fusion (GBA)

Metroid Games I completed:
Metroid Prime 1
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
Metroid 5: Metroid Dread
Metroid 3: Super Metroid (2024)

I might skip Metroid (NES-Mini) and just play the remake; Metroid Zero Mission (GBA) (or I might just play Metroid Fusion). Then play Metroid 2: Return of Samus (GB), then probably fail so I'll play the remake; Metroid 2: Samus Returns (3DS). Then Metroid Fusion (GBA) (if I haven't already started Fusion by then).
I might also finish Metroid Prime Hunters too because that's a game I got back in 2006 but I never completed it yet I have good memories of how retro it is. I then might get round to completing Metroid Other M once I've finished all the others. As for Metroid Prime Federation Force (3DS) & Metroid Prime Pinball (DS). I think I'll skip these. I never bought these two because I've never regarded them as true Metroid games but If I do buy and complete these. It's just to own the entire collection of all Metroid-related games.

I wanna complete all main Metroid games before Metroid Prime 4 gets released. So 2024 is gonna be a Metroid mission for me :)

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.