By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spider-Man Miles Morales sells 14.4m units as of June 2023

More information from the Insomniac leak, this time we have Miles Morales sales, various info about development cost, revenue and licensing fees. They also have projections for a future game that I have blacked out as the game is not officially revealed. The original unredacted image is below in the spoilers. Miles Morales cost $106.8 million to develop and market and had a revenue of $554 million. After subtracting the costs, marvel license fee, profit share and COGS the title made a profit of $269.8 million. A massive 242% return on investment. Miles Morales was hugely successful financially.

Unredacted image including info about an unannounced insomniac title:

Spoiler!

Around the Network

Sony really doing great much better then expected

"The title made a profit of $269.8 million"

Isn't this less than what SONY paid for Insomniac? Not bad for a DLC, Unsustainable indeed. 

LurkerJ said:

Isn't this less than what SONY paid for Insomniac? Not bad for a DLC, Unsustainable indeed. 

It's more, yes. Sony paid $229 million for Insomniac and the first game they release after being purchased makes $269.8 million profit.

Insomniac purchase was incredibly good value.

LurkerJ said:

…? This comment has me scratching my head: Sony acquired Insomniac Games for $229mil. If Sony received all the money from the $269.8mil of Spider-Man Miles Morales, then they have literally covered the entirety of the costs for acquiring in the first place: That would be a fantastic situation for Sony to be in. But regardless of that: What does your comment even…have to do with…huh?? I’m literally not understanding any relevancy of what you’re saying to this post lmao?

Around the Network

That's crazy.

Also Spider-man 2 hit 6.1M by November 12th

https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvels-spider-man-2-sold-6-1m-till-11-12-2023.797181/

Great results!

I could very well see Miles Morales legging it out to 25M+ despite being on a subscription service. Whenever its on sale, its much cheaper than other first party titles, but not at the fire sale prices of the PS4 generation. I wonder how close it could get to generating 1B+ in revenue for its lifetime.

This even more impressive when you consider there's probably a few million people so far who have redeemed it on PS Plus Extra or Premium (not included in the sales).
Sony really should put out another Spider-Man game like Miles Morales while we're waiting for Spider-Man 3. It will probably be well-made, and it will likely print them money.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

This even more impressive when you consider there's probably a few million people so far who have redeemed it on PS Plus Extra or Premium (not included in the sales).
Sony really should put out another Spider-Man game like Miles Morales while we're waiting for Spider-Man 3. It will probably be well-made, and it will likely print them money.

The leak suggest they're making Marvel's Venom, so I think that's spin-offs enough. Honestly hope they're not aiming to make more than that because with Wolverine, Venom and Spider-Man 3 in the works that already seems dangerously close to oversaturation, wouldn't want Insomniac to force out yearly Marvel's games.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat