By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Nintendo suck at making "Core gamer" consoles?

zeldaring said:
Pemalite said:

Minecraft? Monster Hunter? Fire Emblem? Skyrim?

I assume you meant on the Switch right?

Otherwise big sellers off the Switch are of course...
Call of Duty, MineCraft, Red Dead, Witcher, Skyrim, Diablo, Overwatch, Terraria, Borderlands, Mass Effect, Battlefield, Cyberpunk, Assassins Creed and the list goes on...

Exactly look how limited the sales are on Switch for core games that actually have impact on the market.  Let's pretend that switch is a great core gaming console when the whole industry is living off ps5/pc.

Mate. I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.

But don't shift the goal post, that's a logical fallacy.
Minecraft alone has literally outsold every single other game in existence.

I rendered your original point as false.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mnementh said:

The key here: "I think most core gamers want"

Nah, the key here is that PS and Xbox don't offer much for core gamers if they aren't into AAA third party games.

Not to mention that zeldaring himself has demonstrated often enough already that he is a casual. In the above post he says that if you aren't playing Nintendo games on Switch, then you are basically just playing indie games. This is so laughably wrong that it can only come from a casual gamer (read: uninformed gamer) or a troll. Now it's up to him to argue which one of the two he is.

I own so many Shmups and old arcade ports on Switch. I mostly play a lot of that. I never played Pokemon and don't own AC on Switch. I just want to see Zeldaring play these arcades and Shmups and see how well they do since they are just casual indie games by his broad paintbrush.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

Exactly look how limited the sales are on Switch for core games that actually have impact on the market.  Let's pretend that switch is a great core gaming console when the whole industry is living off ps5/pc.

So one game selling well in switch destroys my point just no. The point is where are core games and the industry eating and where to gamers buy them on pc/ps5. Switch with out someone loving Nintendo is a super niche product not the same for other consoles where the whole industry is eating. 

zeldaring said:
Pemalite said:

So one game selling well in switch destroys my point just no. The point is where are core games and the industry eating and where to gamers buy them on pc/ps5. Switch with out someone loving Nintendo is a super niche product not the same for other consoles where the whole industry is eating. 

Yes. It literally does destroy your point.
You only need 1 game to destroy your prior assertion, the fact I provided more than 1 title completely made a mockery of your assertion.

And now that I have destroyed your assertion you are shifting the goal post, which means you have lost your argument.

The Switch is not a super niche product, the fact that it is now ranked as number 3 of the best selling video game consoles of all time and is home to a plethora of amazing 3rd party games like Minecraft, Terraria, Skyrim, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Bayonetta, Octopath, Borderlands, Assassins Creed, Witcher, Doom, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Diablo, Tony Hawk, Overwatch, Nier: Automata, Sonic and more.. It completely makes a joke of your prior posts.

The Switch is a brilliant handheld, it's home to a ton of successful 3rd party games... The fact that the Playstation 4/5, Xbox One/Series S/X will likely never match the amount of hardware units sold as the Switch is exactly the point that makes the Switch a non-niche' product.

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

You only need 1 game to destroy your prior assertion, the fact I provided more than 1 title completely made a mockery of your assertion.

And now that I have destroyed your assertion you are shifting the goal post, which means you have lost your argument.

The Switch is not a super niche product, the fact that it is now ranked as number 3 of the best selling video game consoles of all time and is home to a plethora of amazing 3rd party games like Minecraft, Terraria, Skyrim, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Bayonetta, Octopath, Borderlands, Assassins Creed, Witcher, Doom, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Diablo, Tony Hawk, Overwatch, Nier: Automata, Sonic and more.. It completely makes a joke of your prior posts.

The Switch is a brilliant handheld, it's home to a ton of successful 3rd party games... The fact that the Playstation 4/5, Xbox One/Series S/X will likely never match the amount of hardware units sold as the Switch is exactly the point that makes the Switch a non-niche' product.

You're missing the point. This thread is about comparing it other consoles/pc as core gaming console if you think it's a good one that's fine. I don't agree because most the great games are missing  and the sales reflect the samething where most of the industy is focused on ps5/pc. Also many of those ports are butchered versions.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 21 December 2023

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Pemalite said:

You're missing the point. This thread is about comparing it other consoles/pc as core gaming console if you think it's a good one that's fine. I don't agree because most the great games are missing  and the sales reflect the samething where most of the industy is focused on ps5/pc. Also many of those ports are butchered versions.

Most of the great games are missing? It has it's own great games.

Just like the Xbox has it's own great games.

Just like the Playstation has it's own great games.

Just like the PC has it's own great games.

Just like Android/iOS has it's own great games.

Great games are NOT exclusive to YOUR preferred platform, they exist on all platforms.

The Playstation 5 doesn't stop being a great platform simply because I can't play StarCraft on it, does it?

The industry isn't purely focused on the Playstation 5/PC, In-fact, the largest gaming platform is mobile, that is where the mass-focus is for game developers.

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

Most of the great games are missing? It has it's own great games.

Just like the Xbox has it's own great games.

Just like the Playstation has it's own great games.

Just like the PC has it's own great games.

Just like Android/iOS has it's own great games.

Great games are NOT exclusive to YOUR preferred platform, they exist on all platforms.

The Playstation 5 doesn't stop being a great platform simply because I can't play StarCraft on it, does it?

The industry isn't purely focused on the Playstation 5/PC, In-fact, the largest gaming platform is mobile, that is where the mass-focus is for game developers.

we are mainly talking about homes consoles. And talking about what the majority of of core gamers are looking for. Would most core gamers choose a switch over current consoles if it wasn't for nintendo games? 

zeldaring said:

What is a great game? I don't like Assassin's Creed or GTA, I don't like Gran Turismo, or Halo. No matter how popular these games are, it doesn't make them core or hardcore, it makes them mainstream.

So you're probably the most casual gamer of all those posting in this thread and confusing your mainstream tastes with core gaming.

padib said:
zeldaring said:

What is a great game? I don't like Assassin's Creed or GTA, I don't like Gran Turismo, or Halo. No matter how popular these games are, it doesn't make them core or hardcore, it makes them mainstream.

So you're probably the most casual gamer of all those posting in this thread and confusing your mainstream tastes with core gaming.

Core games are core games it doesn't matter how popular they are. All those games you listed are core games we grew up playing that are a evolution and resonate with core gamers. 

Astral Chain is a great game. Not a PS5 or Xbox. Xenoblade games are great games not on PS5 or Xbox.

Do you want hardcore? Shmups are hardcore and can make Souls games look like easy mode. (Esp Battle Garagga and Border Down which punish players for playing well so you have to strategically die at times) Do you know what current system is a shmup machine? Switch. "but they are niche" Yeah so it's not casually for the masses. For a dedicated group of people who master these incredibly difficult games in a difficult genre. The system has hundreds of them, one of the most dedicated fanbases of any genre. Only Fighting Game fans are on that level.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!