Forums - Gaming Discussion - Runoff 2016, Game of the Year

2016, Game of the Year Runoff

Pokémon Go 6 12.24%

Dark Souls III 13 26.53%

Persona 5 13 26.53%

Doom 16 32.65%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana 1 2.04%

Total:49

The japanese release date of Persona 5 will be the bane of all these other games. Pretty close between several others, but Persona 5 is another level entirely.

My top 5 for the year:

1. Persona 5
  2. DOOM
  3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  4. Tales of Berseria
  5. Dark Souls III

And I guess a shoutout to Overwatch which was probably the game I actually played the most that year along with WoW: Legion. Of course neither game really exists in quite that state any longer

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana for me, just played it this year on PS+ and really enjoyed it. Uncharted 4 and Persona 5, Ratchet and Clank, and Thumper PSVR round out my top 5 for the year.

Stardew Valley, which is my top pick of 2016 and all-time.
The game is so relaxing and an amazing loop but has challenges if you're looking for them. I've played a crazy number of hours (over 220 on Switch, over 160 on PS4, an hour or so on Vita, and around an hour on PC so far). When all is said and done, I might end up putting well over 600 hours into the game between the versions, surpassing Animal Crossing: New Leaf as my most-played game.
Persona 5 is high up there as well.
I have only played Royal, but I platinumed it on PS4 and even on PS5. I love the game that much that i was willing to buy a PS5 port which just has an extra chance to earn trophies and 60 FPS. I did get it physically in a steelbook with a discount, though.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Doom with DS3 a close second.

How the fuck is Doom not on the poll?!

Doom

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Titanfall 2

Persona 5 (But I count this as 2017 as that's when it released in the west)

Yakuza Kiwami

That's my list

Last edited by Leynos - on 13 December 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It do be Dark Souls 3 for me. 10/10 game.
But Uncharted 4 and Ys8 Lacrimosa of Dana are up there as well. Love them.
I liked Stardew Valley. Doom was fine. 
Final Fantasy 15 is a game that released this year and I played.

I guess it was an alright year. Not bad.

I'm honestly kind of shocked that neither Overwatch nor Uncharted 4 has a single vote yet after 18 votes, considering they were the awards frontrunners back in 2016.

Persona 5.

Persona 5 for me.

Stardew Valley

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition