By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

RIP. It was clearly coming for a few years now.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

E3 has been dead to me for a long time. Tree House and other online forums are better.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

End of an era. I mean, oficially now at least.

Around the Network

It was over years ago when publishers realised they could do their own little events. Pretty sad as E3 used to be a mini Christmas for gaming announcements. And now we have a billion events to catch up on and Summer Games Fest (lol).

The writing's been on the wall for quite a few years now.

I've not been interested in E3 for years, maybe over a decade, so I find it hard to feel sad about this. It was expected.

Brandon laughing all the way to the bank.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

There were a lot of good and memorable times. Growing up it was always an exciting time ramping up for the next E3.
They had quite a few years to adapt to a better format, but looks like they were unable to.

The biggest red flag was when Sony left the show.
I remember a number of people here saying it was because "they have no PS4 games to show, since PS5 will be announced later".
But they've been through transitional years before and never missed an E3. They could have shown something cross-gen and saved the rest for PS5. So I had a strong feeling they wouldn't come back.

There were reports shortly before about disagreements within the board on how E3 was to be run. I guess they never went in a direction that was satisfactory.

Thinking back to all the presentations over the year, it wasn't even a game reveal that stood out the most (and there have been many great ones), but when Xbox fumbled so hard that when Playstation just announced the most basic expected features, people cheered in unison. And then the mic drop with the price.

Last edited by Hiku - on 12 December 2023