Fallout 4 1 1.22%

Metal Gear Solid V 1 1.22%

Ori and the Blind Forest 9 10.98%

Rocket League 1 1.22%

The Witcher 3 20 24.39%

Other (please specify) 12 14.63%

Total:82
Zkuq said:

The game is great, the players are not. What got me out of the game were the people whining about every single mistake or otherwise subpar performance... in casual mode. It was a great game for relaxing, until it wasn't anymore, because of the players. Muting and reporting help, but not very much, since it was very much a reoccurring thing. I think some improvements have been made since, but I haven't really had the urge to play the game anymore. Not sure what your issue with the game is, but that's mine.

Of course the players. There was two types of players that I hated - the boost pickers and the ones that centered the ball to their own net, that usually ended with losing a goal. My worst memory is when playing 2v2, 2 seconds till the end of regulation time we were leading by one goal and in kick-off my team mate was a boost picker and instead of going for the kick-off he drove off for boost, I was not ready for that level of retardness and we lost-lost.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
m0ney said:

I have 2022 hours in Rocket League, but I hate it.

The game is great, the players are not. What got me out of the game were the people whining about every single mistake or otherwise subpar performance... in casual mode. It was a great game for relaxing, until it wasn't anymore, because of the players. Muting and reporting help, but not very much, since it was very much a reoccurring thing. I think some improvements have been made since, but I haven't really had the urge to play the game anymore. Not sure what your issue with the game is, but that's mine.

Sounds familiar, I have 3937 hours on GT Sport and left hating it as the player base just got worse and worse in the end. Same in GT7 but much faster, I haven't played a racing game since. Community makes and brakes games.

SvennoJ said:

This is why I enjoyed Cities in Motion, being able to play in European city scenarios, adding/fixing public transportation. It's been 10 years now since Cities in Motion 2, would love a new version. However Collossal Order is still working on trying to fix the rather disastrous launch of Cities Skylines 2 :/

Actually most of the time I spend with CoM was recreating the town I live in, now a snapshot in 'history' before the big expansion gained momentum. Then solving our traffic problems with public transport solutions (we don't even have regular bus service here, only on call)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192246458

Sandbox building is fine with me, more variety would be nice though.

Pretty impressive looking map! I did also play Cities in Motion a bit, but I'm pretty I only played the first one. I thought it was fun, though limited. It reminded me of Traffic Giant. I don't think there'll ever be another one of those, it's kind of been absorbed by Cities Skylines I guess.

Kyuu said:

Bloodborne robbed again.

Bloodborne not winning art direction on TGA was just ridiculous.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I remember Rocket League winning a lot of GOTY categories here on VG Chartz. Curious it has just 1 vote.

A number of the games that won the GOTY vote here on VGC back in the day aren't winning here on these threads. For a comparison...

Original Vote: BioShock
Today: Super Mario Galaxy

Original Vote: LittleBigPlanet
Today: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Original Vote: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Today: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Original Vote: Mass Effect 2
Today: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Original Vote: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Today: Dark Souls

Original Vote: Journey
Today: Journey

Original Vote: Super Mario 3D World
Today: The Last of Us

Original Vote: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Today: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Original Vote: Rocket League
Today: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is in the lead.

Out of these nine years represented, the community's vote remains unchanged in only two cases: 2009 and 2012. Generally Nintendo titles are more heavily represented today and two-thirds of the new victors (assuming The Witcher 3's lead holds) are sequels.

The change in the 2013 GOTY selection I would consider an improvement in taste. Most of the rest I'm not so sure about. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 14 December 2023

Around the Network

Downgrade in taste. Then again not in favor of any of those choices. Esp 2013.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

3D World got robbed

Thumbs up to HoloDust for mentioning the amazing Affordable Space Adventures.  I’d like to know what numbers that did on the eshop during the final year on Wii U as word continued to go around that Affordable Space Adventures was clearly one of the games to get.

Jaicee said:

A number of the games that won the GOTY vote here on VGC back in the day aren't winning here on these threads. For a comparison...

Original Vote: BioShock
Today: Super Mario Galaxy

Original Vote: LittleBigPlanet
Today: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Original Vote: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Today: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Original Vote: Mass Effect 2
Today: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Original Vote: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Today: Dark Souls

Original Vote: Journey
Today: Journey

Original Vote: Super Mario 3D World
Today: The Last of Us

Original Vote: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Today: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Original Vote: Rocket League
Today: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is in the lead.

Out of these nine years represented, the community's vote remains unchanged in only two cases: 2009 and 2012. Generally Nintendo titles are more heavily represented today and two-thirds of the new victors (assuming The Witcher 3's lead holds) are sequels. No games using female-only lead characters won in either community vote for any of those nine years.

The change in the 2013 GOTY selection I would consider an improvement in taste. Most of the rest I'm not so sure about. Just my opinion.

Journey's protagonist could be interpreted however you like (male, female, hermaphrodite like in Left Hand of Darkness, no-sex...) - though I'm not sure why it matters in the first place that no games using female-only lead characters won in either community vote for any of those nine years.

Jaicee said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

I remember Rocket League winning a lot of GOTY categories here on VG Chartz. Curious it has just 1 vote.

Out of these nine years represented, the community's vote remains unchanged in only two cases: 2009 and 2012. Generally Nintendo titles are more heavily represented today and two-thirds of the new victors (assuming The Witcher 3's lead holds) are sequels. No games using female-only lead characters won in either community vote for any of those nine years.

Interestingly the 2020s is the opposite so far. Last of Us Part II and Dread in 2020-2021, then a custom avatar lead in Elden Ring with the biggest side characters being Melina and Ranni, Link will likely win this year though.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat