By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November Circana (NPD) 2023 Thread + Predictions

siebensus4 said:

PS5: 2.4M
Switch: 1.7M
Xbox Series: 850k

Switch should still sell 1 million in the BF week. PS5 1.5M in the BF week.

These are my worldwide estimates. Sorry, I skipped the NPD part, my bad :D

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
siebensus4 said:

PS5: 2.4M
Switch: 1.7M
Xbox Series: 850k

Switch should still sell 1 million in the BF week. PS5 1.5M in the BF week.

These are my worldwide estimates. Sorry, I skipped the NPD part, my bad :D

No worries. It happens. Although doing a prediction thread for worldwide estimates isn't a half bad idea. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

zorg1000 said:
Shtinamin_ said:

Did you mean 2023 leaks?

Because we have the November 2022 estimates from trunkswd

1. NS: 2.83M
  2. PS5: 2.42M
  3. XSX|S: 1.20M

That’s global, this thread is about USA

edit: just saw this was already addressed

He could mean "Globally in the US." Let's see if anyone else remembers that gem from the old days LOL.

Darc Requiem said:
zorg1000 said:

He could mean "Globally in the US." Let's see if anyone else remembers that gem from the old days LOL.

Silly me, I should have known that’s what he meant

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Darc Requiem said:
zorg1000 said:

The Drill, he got inside people skin for a long time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

>20% units decline YoY for everyone. Pretty terrible all around.

#1 PS5, #2 Xbox, #3 Switch in both units and revenue.

Last year estimates were this: 

PS5 - 1328k
NSW - 920k est.
XBS - 730k

So even if we assume the minimum decline of 20% for both PS5/XSX we get at best this:

PS5 - 1062k (-20%)
XBS - 584k (-20%)
NSW - 583k (-36% as has to be below Xbox)

Zippy6 said:

>20% units decline YoY for everyone. Pretty terrible all around.

#1 PS5, #2 Xbox, #3 Switch in both units and revenue.

Last year estimates were this: 

PS5 - 1328k
NSW - 920k est.
XBS - 730k

So even if we assume the minimum decline of 20% for both PS5/XSX we get at best this:

PS5 - 1062k (-20%)
XBS - 584k (-20%)
NSW - 583k (-36% as has to be below Xbox)

Terrible results across the board. That explains the even more aggressive deals in December. I'm writing up the NPD/Circana article right now. Should be up soon. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

People just have a lot less expendable income.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

OP updated with the VGChartz article on the data.

It doesn’t contains Cyber Monday week numbers but those results are terrible.

Switch drop is really big considering the price and that the Mario Kart bundle alongside lite bundles started in October, it seems Switch 2 will definitely launch in 2024.