Resident Evil 4 18 20.69%

Twilight Princess 4 4.60%

Super Mario Galaxy 15 17.24%

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 2.30%

Uncharted 2 3 3.45%

Total:87
snyps said:

Halo Combat Evolved!

This. I'll never forget playing this game for the first time. Blew me away!

Plus, the impact it had on the industry. Indelible.

Around the Network

Super Mario Galaxy, but KOTOR and Brawl are close of the other choices.
2000s are my favorite decade of gaming.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Dunno if you guys voted unexciting games or what, but for a full decade this list is... just alright.
The 90s sweep.

Smash Bros Brawl for me.

My Top 5 for that decade would be:

1) Halo: Combat Evolved
2) Super Mario Galaxy
3) BioShock
4) Perfect Dark
5) Mega Man 9

I still need to play Metroid Prime.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

Dunno if you guys voted unexciting games or what, but for a full decade this list is... just alright.
The 90s sweep.

I don't think this is your decade.  That's ok though, because it really isn't my decade either.  There were games I really loved in the poll for most years.  However, those games never won, LOL.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
HoloDust said:

Hm, I honestly, don't know how to vote, since I haven't voted for any of them as the best from their years.

I don't find any of them to be particularly at the spearhead of innovation, more of refinements to existing ideas, so I can't really pick based on that.
Also, I don't see a clear winner for most influential, so I can't use that criteria either.
I don't want to use what I'd replay the most, since that would be favouritism.
Using d10 roll to determine my vote would be silly as well.

So I guess I'm abstaining.

I do think Playstation fans are underrepresented in the poll for this decade.  Yes, this site does slant toward Nintendo games, but there are PC games in the poll above.  Oddly enough there are also OG XBox games in the poll above.  I want to say that bad luck kind of played a role in the PS2, especially, getting shut out of the poll.  FF X, GTA 3, Shadow of the Colossus, etc... all got a lot of votes, but none of them managed to pull off a win.  The best PS2 games had tough competition each year, often against other PS2 games.  And while I'm sure KOTOR is a great game, no one really believes that people on this site are biased toward XBox.  It just had easy competition in its year, while all of the best PS2 candidates had tough competition and some very narrow losses.

Anyway, I hope Playstation fans can find something in the poll that they like, even if they aren't the biggest Uncharted fans.

Not really a PS fan (I wouldn't even call myself PC fan, though I guess that's closest it comes to home computers fan) ;)

I just honestly can't pick one game from that poll and stand behind it completely (and I really like some of those games), given that I find many games that are not on that poll to be better choice for GotD. I had no problem with that in 80s and 90s GotD polls.

WoW would actually be my vote, though I personally don't care for it much.

Warcraft 3 will always be my game of the 2000s, but from the options of those that won each year, Halo: CE got my vote.

So many unforgettable and timeless memories.

Not a huge fan of any of these, so I'll abstain for now

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Jpcc86 said:

The 90s sweep.

I don't think this is your decade.  That's ok though, because it really isn't my decade either.  There were games I really loved in the poll for most years.  However, those games never won, LOL.

Completely agree, it certainly isnt my decade lol.