Star Wars: KOTOR 2 2.30%

Half-Life 2 12 13.79%

Resident Evil 4 18 20.69%

Twilight Princess 4 4.60%

Super Mario Galaxy 15 17.24%

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 2.30%

Uncharted 2 3 3.45%

Total:87

Voted for RE4, Uncharted 2 would be close second.

Around the Network

This decade's vote was an extremely close race for a long time, and I'm kind of surprised at what the winner is.  The Game of the Decade for the 2000's is Resident Evil 4 and the runner up is Super Mario Galaxy.

Congrats to Resident Evil 4!  It's a major feat to win against Mario and Zelda, especially for Game of the Decade.

Toss us between Half Life 2 and Halo.

Half Life 2 was such a massive title, it still influences gaming even today.

Halo however... Literally put an entire console brand on the map and was the top played franchise for freaking years... And arguably (Other than Goldeneye and Perfect Dark) was probably one the only playable FPS games on console.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I thought Twilight Princess and Uncharted 2 would’ve gotten more votes.

As a semi-hot take for VGC I'll say it should have been Modern Warfare instead of SMG in that 2007 slot. It was just so stupidly popular and influential, and also an excellent game in both SP and MP modes.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

I thought Twilight Princess and Uncharted 2 would’ve gotten more votes.

Ngl, my first choice would be Twilight Princess, but I checked the results before voting and saw that Galaxy was in a dead heat and TP had few votes so I went with my second choice Galaxy so my vote wasn't wasted.

If Prime wasn't going to win, I'm glad my next two favorites took it.

haxxiy said:

As a semi-hot take for VGC I'll say it should have been Modern Warfare instead of SMG in that 2007 slot. It was just so stupidly popular and influential, and also an excellent game in both SP and MP modes.

My hot take for VGC regarding 2000s in "stupidly popular and influential" category is World of Warcraft - I personally don't care for that game much, but that is obvious winner for 2000s GotD.

I'm guessing similar thing will happen in 2010s, obvious winner (even more popular, influential and being best selling game ever) is Minecraft, but considering it's VGC, poll will probably end with BotW as a winner.

Dunno if I can play RE4 now in VR, it's too hyped up lol. I didn't really get any of this excitement when the game launched, just remember it as a lot of people didn't like the change in direction for the series. The same for RE7 when it went first person, is that going to be game of the 2010's too now...

It's still a few months before I get to see RE4, VR patch is targeted for Winter, could still be waiting until Februari or March.

Anyway WoW and HL2 / Steam defined the 2000s for me.

KOTOR AND HALO

BiON!@