By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will be Switch 2 performance wise?

Your expectations

Performance ridiculously ... 0 0%

Really below current gen,... 2 100.00%

Slightly below current ge... 0 0%

On pair with current gen,... 0 0%

Total:2

I love this blazerz guy he's too funny.

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:

Completely agree with Soundwave and Blazers is out of his mind. So hopefully all of this Switch 2 vs PS5 stuff doesn't come from Blazers. Switch 2 running the same games as PS5 is what will make it a competitor. It certainly will not be half of PS5s hardware power lol, but will punch higher than it should due to developers being able to sit down and properly port to the hardware amd DLSS. With the recent news of no major first party games from Sony, could this be the first time we see a PS, Xbox, and Nintendo console share all of this year's major holiday third party games? CoD and Fifa are both guaranteed for Switch 2 this holiday (if Switch 2 is coming this holiday ofcourse), what other major third party games are coming this holiday? Assassin Creed Red was delayed and I believe rumored coming to Switch 2.

Not all that long ago Sound was saying the exact samething as Blazer.  A few pages ago was the first time he conceded it would not a ps5 in visuals.  

As for where the S2 sits compared to the ps5..    I could see half, bear in mind Nintendo is likely to underclock for battery and heat dissipation.  The switch gpu was underclocked by 25% and cpu by 50%.  They won't be running chips at full power.  

And memory bandwidth is 102 max on the S2, the ps5 is 425...  and the ps5 is going to have more vram.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I love how certain people don't question shit at all when it's Microsoft, Series S is a Series X hardware class, no questions asked, why because MS told them so, even if the performance differences in the two systems are quite large. But in that case if you dare compare a Series S to a PS4 Pro, they immediately go into a "well you can'T juSt cOmpARe To Ps4 PRO Doooood! That's Toutttallly different!!! Have to considERRR the FeatureSSET of Seeeeeeeeries SSSSSSS, not jusT teraFLops!!".

But that of course doesn't apply to the Switch 2, the modern feature set, which we know it will have (better than the Series S honestly, Nvidia has DLSS, AMD doesn't), then doesn't apply there. That only applies for the Series S, lol. All the double standards are hilarious.

They'll never make a stink and say the Series S is not comparable to the PS5/XSX, only for the Switch 2 do they feel threatened for whatever reason when it gets talked about in potentially a similar kind of way. 

zeldaring said:

I love this blazerz guy he's too funny.

It's probably another Zero999 alt, he just can't keep away from VGC, even though he was permabanned long time ago.

Soundwave said:

I love how certain people don't question shit at all when it's Microsoft, Series S is a Series X hardware class, no questions asked, why because MS told them so, even if the performance differences in the two systems are quite large. But in that case if you dare compare a Series S to a PS4 Pro, they immediately go into a "well you can'T juSt cOmpARe To Ps4 PRO Doooood! That's Toutttallly different!!! Have to considERRR the FeatureSSET of Seeeeeeeeries SSSSSSS, not jusT teraFLops!!".

But that of course doesn't apply to the Switch 2, the modern feature set, which we know it will have (better than the Series S honestly, Nvidia has DLSS, AMD doesn't), then doesn't apply there. That only applies for the Series S, lol. All the double standards are hilarious.

They'll never make a stink and say the Series S is not comparable to the PS5/XSX, only for the Switch 2 do they feel threatened for whatever reason when it gets talked about in potentially a similar kind of way. 

Lol, chill.  You are taking everything personally.

I wouldn't touch the series s, it isn't a real xbox imo.  Halo Infinite runs way better on the series x, large gap.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

I wouldn't touch the series s, it isn't a real xbox imo.  Halo Infinite runs way better on the series x, large gap.  

It really is a BS post cause many complained about Series s holding back current gen on other forums I visited. Second if Switch matches Series s then no one would complain that Is a amazing hardware for hybrid. Third this is not exclusive to switch there was rumors about ps5 being only 7 teraflops before official specs were released, and many were saying they would go back to Xbox or not buy a ps5 if it was  much more powerful then the  ps5.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

It really is a BS post cause many complained about Series s holding back current gen on other forums I visited. Second if Switch matches Series s then no one would complain that Is a amazing hardware for hybrid. Third this is not exclusive to switch there was rumor about ps5 being only 7 teraflops and many were saying they switch back to Xbox I'd it was more powerful and Sony is really shutting the bed.

Yep and many, including myself, complained about cross gen games holding current consoles back.  The idea nobody complains unless it is Nintendo is BS.

I still think people are expecting too much.  I've played with my 3050 mobile using DLSS, it helps but isn't magic.  My 3050 is a large drop compared to the ps5 (roughly 2070s).  If I'm honest halo infinite borderline looks like trash on the 3050 mobile.  Low res, low textures, low fps and major pop in.  It simply doesn't have the memory bandwidth.  Granted the S2 should have 2x the vram which will help.  But again the S2 will be maxed at 102 memory bandwidth while the 3050 mobile is 192.... so 2x the vram is likely a wash.  

For the life of me I can't figure out why people think the 2050 and 3050 run modern games well.  And both support the magic of DLSS.  

Edit

I'll add talking tech and associated limitations isn't a complaint.  All hardware has limitations.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 15 February 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Blazerz said:
Conina said:

No it won't, especially if it has the performance of a downclocked RTX2050.

Here is a comparison of a normal clocked RTX 2050: https://www.notebookcheck.com/GeForce-RTX-2050-Mobile-vs-GeForce-RTX-2070-Desktop-vs-GeForce-RTX-2070-Super-Desktop_11108_9281_9892.247532.0.html

Oh yeah, the super vram starved gpu. A problem the switch 2's gpu won't have. Plus actual optimization.

If the VRAM in these settings were the main problem... why ain't the performance difference between 2050 and 2070S much much smaller in low or medium settings than in ulta-settings?

Conina said:
Blazerz said:

Oh yeah, the super vram starved gpu. A problem the switch 2's gpu won't have. Plus actual optimization.

If the VRAM in these settings were the main problem... why ain't the performance difference between 2050 and 2070S much much smaller in low or medium settings than in ulta-settings?

Is it because the 2050 is 112 gbps while the 2070s is 440 gbps?

And I personally think the S2 will be vram starved.  I'm guessing 10 gb, 2 bg for system, and 8 gb for video.....  8 gb is falling behind already in the PC world.  Heck most people are annoyed with Nvidia because 12 gb isn't great.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

I still think people are expecting too much.  I've played with my 3050 mobile using DLSS, it helps but isn't magic.  My 3050 is a large drop compared to the ps5 (roughly 2070s).  If I'm honest halo infinite borderline looks like trash on the 3050 mobile.  Low res, low textures, low fps and major pop in.  It simply doesn't have the memory bandwidth.  Granted the S2 should have 2x the vram which will help.  But again the S2 will be maxed at 102 memory bandwidth while the 3050 mobile is 192.... so 2x the vram is likely a wash.  

For the life of me I can't figure out why people think the 2050 and 3050 run modern games well.  And both support the magic of DLSS.   

It would be interesting to see if you could get the FSR3 frame gen patch working on your 3050 in conjuntion with DLSS and see if you could tweak settings to make it a meaningfully better experience.

Just watching the latest DF & there seems to be a consensus that frame gen can be worth it from a baseline of 40fps, though they add the caveat that it can depend on the game. They also state that lag is quite a bit less noticeable with a controller vs mouse/keyboard.

If devs could take this approach on S2 then it could be a valuable tool for a lot of games...