By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 3 looks awfull on switch

Reminds me some people saying that they could see N64 level textures in Breath of the Wild. And I am talking about people, who get paid for saying such bullshit. They might even not have a real job outside, which makes them pure parasites.
Plug a PS2 on a screen and play it a bit before writing such non sense.

Around the Network

It looks ok to me, similar to other Switch games. If you really care about graphics, probably you should go for a high-end PC at this point. I think everyone knows that isn't what Nintendo is about.

I use an Mclassic on my Switch and the game looks fine.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I guess it's been a while since you've seen a PS1 or PS2 game I reckon.

The only problem I have with the game visually is that weird transparecy effect it has, especially on water and sand. It looks so fucking cheap...

Other than that, the game looks great. It specially shines in battles, with tons of colorful effects, particles and giant demons across the screen.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

The only problem I have with the game visually is that weird transparecy effect it has, especially on water and sand. It looks so fucking cheap...

Other than that, the game looks great. It specially shines in battles, with tons of colorful effects, particles and giant demons across the screen.

The mesh? I see that in PS4 and PS5 games sometimes now as well. TBH I thought that died with the SEGA Saturn. It is a little jarring seeing it in modern games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

anonymunchy said:

I guess it's been a while since you've seen a PS1 or PS2 game I reckon.

^ this too, i suspect.

Plus when people go google PS2 games for compairsons, what comes up instead is mostly images of PS2 games, running on emulators that have been upscaled, or even are useing fan made texture mods and such. There are communities out there, that translate, mod, re-do textures ect, for these games, that can then vastly improve how such games looked (esp. upscaled in resolution) compaired to the original PS2.

Agreed

It's a case of a game that doesn't really look good enough, it looks bad. I believe it's the artstyle

Edit: The PS1/2 comparison is bogus

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 11 November 2023

Amnesia said:

Reminds me some people saying that they could see N64 level textures in Breath of the Wild. And I am talking about people, who get paid for saying such bullshit. They might even not have a real job outside, which makes them pure parasites.
Plug a PS2 on a screen and play it a bit before writing such non sense.

Maybe play the game for yourself before you comment. Go and load up chapter and tell me how great the opening is.. Flat textures, blurry detail, blocky textures.  Re4 on gamecube had more detail. 

As for breath of the wild, that game was beautiful .

IcaroRibeiro said:

Agreed

It's a case of a game that doesn't really look good enough, it looks bad. I believe it's the artstyle

Edit: The PS1/2 comparison is bogus

Oh really, I have seen games on ps2 with better ground textures, better looking trees, and rocks.  The stuff I've seen in bayontta 3, i'm talking very blocky large textures, against a backgound of flat textures, very bad vegetation and one of the worst sky boxes i've seen. Blurry, static images. Yes , less than ps2 level stuff. The fact that this is supposed to be one of the switches best AAA, most awaited exclusives , how they allowed this level of visuals is beyond belief.  Doesn't help that the game moves at a 100 miles per hour. It's impossible to enjoy and appreciate all the action when it's moving so fast, looking the way it does.