By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread - The 14th Annual Greatest Games Event

Going for a Smash combo on these.

Mnementh said:

Well, let's start off with the first round of hints:

#49: Not a port, but actually it's own title.

Smash Ultimate?

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Already time to get started huh? Alright then, I'll make my hints a bit easier this year since I don't mind if some of them gets guessed on the first hint, which was very rare last time.

50) The game that made its consoles controller last for 4 generations

Smash Melee.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

So I did the thing. And have a list. I checked it twice. Okay. So I entered a little under 300 games in the ranking tool thing spoken about earlier in the Sign-up thread, and I have a Top 50 now. I do have to dampen everyone's expectations, it is still quite familiar, if you are familiar with my lists over the years. Anyway, I'll do this 5 games at a time, so here's the hints for the first 5 games;

#50: You think there's only one, but then it turns out there's another. How many of these cruise ships are there anyway?
#49: Funnily enough this game's setting is also a cruise ship, even though I personally don't have anything with cruise ships.
#48: No cruise ships in this one, but there is a train to a puzzling town.
#47: The vehicle theme seems to continue coincidentally, but this time it's just car. Pick people up, drop them off and take the shortest route possible.
#46: Cheerleaders during half-time aren't actually a thing in this sport, at least not on my continent.

#50: In Resident Evil: Revelations the number of Cruise ships was the big revelation

#49: Uhm, could be a lot, As it is on my mind I say Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, which starts on a ship which crashes.

#47: Crazy Taxi?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Darashiva said:

Might as well get started with the first set of hints too.

• Rodents everywhere

Lemmings?

S.Peelman said:

Going for a Smash combo on these.

Mnementh said:

Well, let's start off with the first round of hints:

#49: Not a port, but actually it's own title.

Smash Ultimate?

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Already time to get started huh? Alright then, I'll make my hints a bit easier this year since I don't mind if some of them gets guessed on the first hint, which was very rare last time.

Smash Melee.

You seem to think about Smash a lot. I see how you thought my hint matches Ultimate, but it isn't this game I meant.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

S.Peelman said:

So I did the thing. And have a list. I checked it twice. Okay. So I entered a little under 300 games in the ranking tool thing spoken about earlier in the Sign-up thread, and I have a Top 50 now. I do have to dampen everyone's expectations, it is still quite familiar, if you are familiar with my lists over the years. Anyway, I'll do this 5 games at a time, so here's the hints for the first 5 games;

#50: You think there's only one, but then it turns out there's another. How many of these cruise ships are there anyway?
#49: Funnily enough this game's setting is also a cruise ship, even though it's unrelated and I personally don't have anything with cruise ships.
#47: The vehicle theme seems to continue coincidentally, but this time it's just car. Pick people up, drop them off and take the shortest route possible.
#46: Cheerleaders during half-time aren't actually a thing in this sport, at least not on my continent.

#46: Tecmo Bowl?

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

#50: In Resident Evil: Revelations the number of Cruise ships was the big revelation

#49: Uhm, could be a lot, As it is on my mind I say Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, which starts on a ship which crashes.

#47: Crazy Taxi?

Two are correct! #50 is indeed RE: Revelations and 47 is Crazy Taxi.

S.Peelman said:

#50: You think there's only one, but then it turns out there's another. How many of these cruise ships are there anyway? Guessed by Mnementh - Resident Evil: Revelations
#49: Funnily enough this game's setting is also a cruise ship, even though it's unrelated and I personally don't have anything with cruise ships.
#47: The vehicle theme seems to continue coincidentally, but this time it's just car. Pick people up, drop them off and take the shortest route possible. Guessed by Mnementh - Crazy Taxi

I thought about #49, and remembered that 999 (the first Zero Escape game) is set on a cruise ship.

Mnementh said:

You seem to think about Smash a lot. I see how you thought my hint matches Ultimate, but it isn't this game I meant.

Then it might be one of the reboot/sequels that have the same name as the original.

Doom (2016)?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

#46: Tecmo Bowl?

Actually quite close. However American Football isn't the one that's popular in Europe.

Mnementh said:

I thought about #49, and remembered that 999 (the first Zero Escape game) is set on a cruise ship.

I haven't actually played that game, even though I think it could have been to my liking. Didn't know it was set on a cruise ship, and yeah it's a bit of a generic hint, but I'll still wait a bit before I'll do second hints.

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

Then it might be one of the reboot/sequels that have the same name as the original.

Doom (2016)?

It is not that, but it is surprisingly close.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

49) The title suggests it tells you how to start

48) Despite the title the emotion most people felt at this unexpected revival was excitement

47) Armageddon, but indefinite

46) The second title in a series with a very fitting abbreviation

50 - Super Smash Bros. Melee? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android