By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread - The 14th Annual Greatest Games Event

Dulfite said:

Pardon my ignorance, but when will the results thread be posted?

Actually I'm sorry for not saying anything on the matter!

I've had an extremely busy first two weeks of the year and have barely been able to make progress on compiling the lists. Things are slowing down now though, so I should be able to work on the spreadsheet more. I can't promise anything right now but I expect to have the results out by next weekend.

Around the Network

A little update, I just finished compiling the 51 lists that were sent and/or posted in the Official Thread and have now messaged the people who didn't finish theirs to give them a last chance to pitch in before I post the final results. One of these people had their DMs closed, so, this is a little embarrassing and I'm sorry in advance, but @Spike0503 if you can finish your list by the weekend that'd be much appreciated!

mZuzek said:

A little update, I just finished compiling the 51 lists that were sent and/or posted in the Official Thread and have now messaged the people who didn't finish theirs to give them a last chance to pitch in before I post the final results. One of these people had their DMs closed, so, this is a little embarrassing and I'm sorry in advance, but @Spike0503 if you can finish your list by the weekend that'd be much appreciated!

I've been checking every few days for the results - thanks for the update!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Farsala said:

8. Capturing new monsters and leveling up was needlessly complicated in this sequel, but when you figure it out your party's power grows exponentially in this 3v3 turn based combat.

To be more clear you can only level up by fusing the monsters together to make a new monster, then they have a new level cap and stronger stats. You can only capture monsters by using the in dungeon feature by shooting presents at the monsters. So first time playthroughs of this game can be difficult until you realize you definitely need more monsters to fuse with and level up.

It is often good to have a variety of monsters to take advantage of the system. → Data → Vaccine → Virus →

7. In this sequel to Final Fantasia, you can dual wield your weapons to make for some thrilling combat.

6. A tactical JRPG based on the three kingdoms once again. You can make crucial decisions which will change how the story unfold including many what if scenarios rather than historical. If you clear the game, your next game will have a boost, which encourages getting all endings. Getting multiple endings makes the more difficult endings and endgame levels more doable.

5. I liked this game without being a huge fan of the original, this remake blew me away. Everyone in your party is playable in this action JRPG.

8) Data, Vaccine, Virus makes me think Digimon maybe? But no clue which one

7) Kingdom Hearts 2??

6) Sounds like FE, maybe Three Houses?

5) Could be FF7 Remake?

I guess I was so busy I never responded.

Just going to ease your mind, while you were waiting in anticipation.

8 is indeed Digimon World 2

7 is correct

6 is not FE, it is Dynasty Tactics 2

5 is correct

And now to reveal my top 4.

4- Nioh 2

3- Digimon World

2- FFVIII

1- FFX

I finished my list with quite a few significant updates, despite me revealing some of the games that didn't make my top 50 JRPGs earlier in this thread.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9480728

Quite surprised by the prevalence of PS4, hopefully more PS5 games change that soon. 4 in queue until April. PS3 is my most hated generation for a reason, the JRPG drought.

PS1- 4

PS2- 13

PS3- 2

PS4- 28

PS5- 1

Gameboy Color- 1

Gameboy Advance- 1

Last edited by Farsala - on 21 January 2024

Around the Network

Just a quick update, life's been unpredictably busy again this week and that's why the results are still a little delayed. I just finished compiling every list including the ones people got in last-minute, and have the base results finished, though I still have to work on the breakdown rankings and then the whole presentation of the thread which takes... a while to do. I admittedly haven't had that much time, so I don't know when exactly I can post the results, but hopefully they'll be up within a couple days.

Of course, from this point on, I'm not including any lists, though if anyone wants to post theirs, I'd still encourage them to!

Hey everyone, sorry about the long delay this time, but the results are finally out, go check them out!

mZuzek said:

Hey everyone, sorry about the long delay this time, but the results are finally out, go check them out!

Elden Ring at #10? Honestly pretty surprised. I shouldn't be, though. 

I AM surprised Baldur's Gate III isn't in top 100 though. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android