By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 44, 2023 (Oct 23 - Oct 29)

There must be a small chance that next week PS5 falls below XS and PS4, which'd be hilarious.

It'll be interesting to see how the new model performs and how much pent up demand almost a month of limited-to-no PS5 stock has created.

Around the Network

Do you think it was a stupid to launch SM2 and the PS5 slim so close together? The low stock of the ps5 is probably hurting the legs of SM2.

Last edited by SAguy - on 02 November 2023

The world belongs to you-Pan America

Switch this week beats out last year, not too surprising but you love how close this year's numbers are to last year. Can it actually manage a similar or better holiday period than last year. We'll see about that !

Anywoo, pretty good old for Mario Wonder there. Prolly gonna be around the million physical in 2 weeks

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Not a bad second week for SMB Wonder. I wouldn't be surprised if the drops are very modest for weeks 3+.

Metal Gear charting higher on Switch than Playstation is kinda funny given how strongly the brand is associated with Playstation; it makes sense given the Switch audience's greater preference for physical purchases, but still looks weird.

Xbox over Playstation in Japan is also a Kodak moment, even if it makes sense in context.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 November 2023

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Xbox over Playstation in Japan is also a Kodak moment, even if it makes sense in context.

I can't believe it even happened once, more less twice.  A third or even a forth time would be nuts. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

It's very possible, that The Slim will do 100K+ launch week, Amazon Japan has it at 10K+ sold.

Not a single retailer in Japan has stock of the fat models it seems.

https://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-software-sales-10-23-23-10-29-23-top-30/

Only Spiderman, Metal Gear and in the very lowest spot FC 24 stand in the way of a Switch sweep.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 November 2023

Switch hardware is really low compared to what's been going on this past year. Odd, after one of its biggest releases this year...

anonymunchy said:

Switch hardware is really low compared to what's been going on this past year. Odd, after one of its biggest releases this year...

It's also in It's 7th year on the market anon. I don't think there is much that could boost its sales.

The world belongs to you-Pan America