Prince of Persia: Sands of Time 6 13.95%

Mario Kart: Double Dash 6 13.95%

Knights of the Old Republic 10 23.26%

Zone of Enders: The Second Runner 2 4.65%

F-Zero GX 5 11.63%

Tales of Symphonia 5 11.63%

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow 4 9.30%

Total:43

Still Tales of Symphonia, with Beyond Good & Evil coming in second.

Around the Network

Glad to see that F-Zero GX made the runoff poll. Aria is very close for me though.

I wasn't expecting a runoff considering KotOR being so far ahead last time I checked. Well; KotOR gets my vote again then...

With Fire Emblem out my runorf goes to my favorite in the Mario Kart series.
I usally never consider the Mario Kart games goty-worthy and do not think it will have any chance of winning, but it is by far the game I enjoyed most of the games left in the runoff.

I'm sticking to Sands of Time, it was a joy from start to finish, a perfect transition from 2D to 3D Prince of Persia.
Kotor might have convinced me if it had run on my PC at the time. I never played it beyond the opening sequence thanks to incompatibility with my GPU.
Beyond Good & Evil is a close second, only behind Sands of Time because I feel PoP aged better. I have replayed PoP a couple times, yet couldn't get into the remake of Beyond Good & Evil.

Around the Network

Fire Emblem was my favourite of the year. I’m going to have to abstain on the runoff as there isn’t one I have a standout memory about.

If anyone actually cares about my trivial BS to explain a little more :D Real life gets busy sometimes, and this generation, at least on the home console side, was one where I barely considered myself a gamer, so I don’t really have the same fond memories that other people did, and I never reached back into it like I did earlier generations from before my time. I played games (including all of these), but probably not more than 1-2 sessions. On the handheld side, I started to enjoy that a lot more, it’s like book + video game, so I got really into games like Fire Emblem.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

SvennoJ said:

I'm sticking to Sands of Time, it was a joy from start to finish, a perfect transition from 2D to 3D Prince of Persia.
Kotor might have convinced me if it had run on my PC at the time. I never played it beyond the opening sequence thanks to incompatibility with my GPU.
Beyond Good & Evil is a close second, only behind Sands of Time because I feel PoP aged better. I have replayed PoP a couple times, yet couldn't get into the remake of Beyond Good & Evil.

The BG&E remake is the only version I play anymore.

Jumpin said:

Fire Emblem was my favourite of the year. I’m going to have to abstain on the runoff as there isn’t one I have a standout memory about.

If anyone actually cares about my trivial BS to explain a little more :D Real life gets busy sometimes, and this generation, at least on the home console side, was one where I barely considered myself a gamer, so I don’t really have the same fond memories that other people did, and I never reached back into it like I did earlier generations from before my time. I played games (including all of these), but probably not more than 1-2 sessions. On the handheld side, I started to enjoy that a lot more, it’s like book + video game, so I got really into games like Fire Emblem.

That was the late 2000s for me. I was barely attached to gaming during the seventh console generation really and don't have too many fond gaming memories therefrom. Life took over and games just seem to get more polar in terms of what you had to like at the same time.

SvennoJ said:

Yeah, Prince of Persia for me as well, though I really enjoyed KOTOR (despite its linearity). For some reason, I always considered KOTOR as a great entry point for those who play JRPGs, but don't play WRPGs (although what would I know, I don't play JRPGs), so, in hindsight, maybe KOTOR should have an edge over PoP.

There's about 2 hours and 40 minutes left on this poll. Any game can still win.