Prince of Persia: Sands of Time 6 13.95%

Mario Kart: Double Dash 6 13.95%

Knights of the Old Republic 10 23.26%

Zone of Enders: The Second Runner 2 4.65%

F-Zero GX 5 11.63%

Tales of Symphonia 5 11.63%

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow 4 9.30%

Total:43

Quite a few choices for me this time. Fire Emblem and Double Dash are both strong contenders. But my top 3 would be Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (best coop game I ever played), F Zero GX (insane speed with a crazy amount of competitors) and Command and Conquer Generals(real time strategy at its very best). For this year I've given my vote to Command and Conquer.

Around the Network

I played Ratchet Going Commando, FFX-2, Call of Duty 1, and Prince of Persia Sands of Time

These games were good but not as great as others.

My vote goes to Beyond Good and Evil

With the benefit of hindsight, I don't see how anybody can vote for anything other than Call of Duty. In many respects, it is the biggest franchise in gaming. This is the game that started it all.

VAMatt said:

With the benefit of hindsight, I don't see how anybody can vote for anything other than Call of Duty. In many respects, it is the biggest franchise in gaming. This is the game that started it all.

Eh, its okay from what I played in comparison to the other games I played.

VAMatt said:

Because we're voting on the best game of the year, not the one that went on to be the biggest franchise.

As someone who played the original back before it became the a megaton IP, the 2003 game itself just isn't that great.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:

It wasn't that big of a series until 4 came out. Medal of Honor was the big military FPS during that generation. Also, it wasn't the best game that year. Zone of the Enders 2ND Runner is.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Knights of the old republic! I never liked a Star Wars game this much. It’s a master piece in story telling and it made the turn based rpg gameplay style accessible for me. How cool that you could set a player in motion and switch to another in your team? You could made changes in real time and let it go on its own. Really astonishing mechanic.

VAMatt said:

As I said in my post, it was another WWII FPS - we had MoH:AA year before that, which was really good, and this was about on the same level as that (given it was made by the same folk). It didn't do anything really new, it was just very good. And it was PC exclusive, so usual CoD audience didn't arrive until much later.

Golden Sun Lost Age, my favourite game ever.

I voted PoP Sands of Time, but as much I love Max Payne 2.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.