2002, Game of the Year Runoff

Kingdom Hearts 9 16.07%

The Wind Waker 14 25.00%

Metroid Prime 22 39.29%

Battlefield 1942 3 5.36%

Eternal Darkness 4 7.14%

Resident Evil (REmake) 4 7.14%

Total:56

Ok, the poll has been reset.  There were three games from the first round that received at least 10% of the vote, and another three games that got at least 2 "Other" votes from the comments. 

Gotta say, there is kind of a horror theme to this set of games.  If you count Metroid Prime as a horror game, then that is half of the games in the poll right now.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts!

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Ok, the poll has been reset.  There were three games from the first round that received at least 10% of the vote, and another three games that got at least 2 "Other" votes from the comments. 

Gotta say, there is kind of a horror theme to this set of games.  If you count Metroid Prime as a horror game, then that is half of the games in the poll right now.

Should probably change the thread title to indicate that there's a runoff, or those who already voted before may not realize the poll has been reset.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 November 2023

I'm sticking with Battlefield 1942 - there's no chance that will win, most people here never played that, but as much as I love Metroid Prime and Wind Waker, this was something very different and new, in a spectacular package.
Well, as I said, at least on mainstream level new - WWII Online launched a year before and it was online subscription based virtual WWII battleground (with map that is 1:2 scale of West Europe - you could see columns of hundred tanks rolling toward some town), but that is as niche as it gets.

Sticking with Windwaker, 4-way tie now haha.

Around the Network

The only game of the ones remaining that I've actually beaten is Kingdom Hearts, though I've played others to some extent. Yet, none of them far enough to actually vote for them, so this one goes to Kingdom Hearts kinda by default now.

Kingdom Hearts also gets my support now that Warcraft III is gone

Metroid Prime, again, for me. I can’t lob enough superlatives at it.

About 4 hours left to vote in this runoff. Metroid Prime is ahead, but the vote is much closer this time around.

Still Metroid Prime for me, though glad to see Eternal Darkness getting some love too!