By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: NG Switch "confirmed" to have Ray-Reconstruction, DLSS 3.5, custom SOC - capable of producing visuals comp'd to PS5/XSX

The best way to understand all these comparisons is by simply looking at how well the best looking PS4 games stack up against the average PS5 title. Titles like Ghost of Tsushima & TLOU2 easily look as good if not better then the average 3rd Party PS5 title at a glance.

Obviously those games run 1080p30fps on PS4 but still the sentiment applies.

Switch will do that & then some, diminishing returns makes all of this possible. Most developers don't have the resources & willingness to really go much beyond that.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

Nobody and I mean nobody knows what the next price of the switch will be or even if it will be another iteration of the switch.  All we have is a bunch of rumors and speculations.  No one knows the price point Nintendo will go for but they have not even tried to go for the same price point as Sony and MS so why would they change that now. 

None of the technical features people seem to care about in the high end market has been a concern for Nintendo before so why would it be so now.  Until we see any real change in Nintendo stragety, why should anyone believe today is any different then the past.  Nintendo has not chased after graphical power for a while and nothing today make me believe they are looking to do so.  Yes, the next version of whatever hardware they come out with will be stronger than its previous version but nowhere have we seen Nintendo actually care about those particular buzz words because their games do not need them.  None of Nintendo games chases after realisms so RT while a nice addition I would still believe would not be the focus for their next hardware.

right but, in the same vein, you do not know this either. if anything, it is more likely to side with the idea that the next switch will be more expensive because of the rumors we have heard from multiple verifiable sources in the industry (such as the one i posted) as well as the absolute fact of inflation. that is a logical conclusion, at least for now.

also, that argument is the exact one i said doesn't really have a basis so, no comment. i will, however, question why you don't think nintendo would want to produce a console that is in effect somewhat "future-proofed" (i.e. strong enough thru the use of DLSS 3.5/RR)? this would enable them to lure in more third party support while also being able to withstand the more literal spec-focused advances microsoft and sony will make with their pro versions/into the next gen. 

in addition, it's only reasonable to assume that the next console will be a switch -> switch 2 type upgrade in the traditional-upgrade sense; much like nes -> snes or ps4 -> ps5. if nintendo weren't to attempt to incorporate the best technology they can, then what is the point of this next generation switch? do you expect some new gimmick such as the gamecube -> wii generation? there has to be an apparent reason to move onto the next gen console, hence why this entails a necessity to change their strategy. 

i say all this with the background of multiple sources that have all but confirmed the existence of a special nvidia SOC that incorporates DLSS 3.5 and RR for the NG switch. either way, we will know soon enough whether these sources are 100% true as manufacturing will most likely begin within the next 6 months and even more concrete leaks will come about. 

Otter said:

The best way to understand all these comparisons is by simply looking at how well the best looking PS4 games stack up against the average PS5 title. Titles like Ghost of Tsushima & TLOU2 easily look as good if not better then the average 3rd Party PS5 title at a glance.

Obviously those games run 1080p30fps on PS4 but still the sentiment applies.

Switch will do that & then some, diminishing returns makes all of this possible. Most developers don't have the resources & willingness to really go much beyond that.

Can add God of War Ragnarok to that list. But those are some rather high budget games with ample development time.
Few games are going to look like that.

So, I guess these specs only go so far. I purchased a GTX 1060 very close to launch, had some of the most beautiful visuals for the time and, less than a year later, bought a Switch. Then for the next 6 years my PC barely had any gaming activity to it. If the new Switch comes and shows similar graphics to a PS4 Pro, it will be good enough. If it is closer to an X Series S, it is gonna be wonderful and third parties will bring even more to the machine than they do now. I, as a user, am fine either way.

NintendoPie said:
Machiavellian said:

Nobody and I mean nobody knows what the next price of the switch will be or even if it will be another iteration of the switch.  All we have is a bunch of rumors and speculations.  No one knows the price point Nintendo will go for but they have not even tried to go for the same price point as Sony and MS so why would they change that now. 

None of the technical features people seem to care about in the high end market has been a concern for Nintendo before so why would it be so now.  Until we see any real change in Nintendo stragety, why should anyone believe today is any different then the past.  Nintendo has not chased after graphical power for a while and nothing today make me believe they are looking to do so.  Yes, the next version of whatever hardware they come out with will be stronger than its previous version but nowhere have we seen Nintendo actually care about those particular buzz words because their games do not need them.  None of Nintendo games chases after realisms so RT while a nice addition I would still believe would not be the focus for their next hardware.

right but, in the same vein, you do not know this either. if anything, it is more likely to side with the idea that the next switch will be more expensive because of the rumors we have heard from multiple verifiable sources in the industry (such as the one i posted) as well as the absolute fact of inflation. that is a logical conclusion, at least for now.

also, that argument is the exact one i said doesn't really have a basis so, no comment. i will, however, question why you don't think nintendo would want to produce a console that is in effect somewhat "future-proofed" (i.e. strong enough thru the use of DLSS 3.5/RR)? this would enable them to lure in more third party support while also being able to withstand the more literal spec-focused advances microsoft and sony will make with their pro versions/into the next gen. 

in addition, it's only reasonable to assume that the next console will be a switch -> switch 2 type upgrade in the traditional-upgrade sense; much like nes -> snes or ps4 -> ps5. if nintendo weren't to attempt to incorporate the best technology they can, then what is the point of this next generation switch? do you expect some new gimmick such as the gamecube -> wii generation? there has to be an apparent reason to move onto the next gen console, hence why this entails a necessity to change their strategy. 

i say all this with the background of multiple sources that have all but confirmed the existence of a special nvidia SOC that incorporates DLSS 3.5 and RR for the NG switch. either way, we will know soon enough whether these sources are 100% true as manufacturing will most likely begin within the next 6 months and even more concrete leaks will come about. 

What was the point of the last Switch over the Wii U or the Wii U over the Wii.  Did any of those devices even try to incorporate all the new tech in them.  If Nintendo was not looking to do it then, why should they care now.  The Switch has been out for 6 going on 7 years, its time to upgrade the hardware to keep those sales coming.

Hmm, there is nothing about those sources that actually gives us any real detail.  There are no specifics in those rumors which is why its just that nothing but a rumor.  Even the rumor that the new Nintendo hardware was running the Matrix Demo also does not give any specifics as to the framerate, what settings were on, what resolution you name it.  Hell for all we know if just some PC in the back but not final hardware.

What is known is how Nintendo has operated within the industry so far.  That even if it is a Switch 2 how much power is going to be within mobile unit that is not trying to compete against mainstream mobile PC hardware.  Nintendo has throughout their hardware maintain a certain price point and there nothing today that says they are willing to change that stragetly.  People always run with a rumor and pretty much start to believe its true then get mad when it only 10% true.

So no, Nintendo so far has stayed within that 300 price point and if anything maybe they go 350 but I highly doubt that it will be some powerhouse of a system running RT games better than PS5 or Series X.  Instead I believe its going to be a very effiecient device that has a great battery life with enough power to run games in 4K only because upscaled.  Anyway we will see soon enough.

Around the Network

RT is garbage on the ps5. And comparable to ps5 visuals is very generic. Time will tell. I think people are underselling what the ps5 produces visually. Spider 2, demon and Rift are not only gorgeous but run at 60 fps...  if I'm honest I wonder how many people have played ps5 games on a good quality panel.

Either way I'm curious how the switch 2 handles file sizes. Carts are too slow and expensive but games also take up a ton of internal space.

I'm comfortable with my position that the Switch 2 will produce one to ps4 visuals and performance.  People are over hyping with ps5 comparisons.  Either way switch 2 is day 1 for me via nintendo software.

Edit

Also i hope Nintendo upgrades their audio.  Surround on the switch is meh at best.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 23 October 2023

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED