By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Mario Wonder 50m+ LT

CourageTCD said:

I wonder if Nintendo's original plan was to have Super Mario Bros Wonder's and Zelda Tears of the Kindgom's realease date swapped. That way we would get a Mario game much closer to Mario Movie's relase date, which could bring more potential buyers to buy Mario Wonder, and we would get a stronger title (Tears of the Kingdom) close to the Holiday season

Definitely not, because Tears of the Kingdom was originally supposed to be released in 2022.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
VAMatt said:

Since there is a 100% chance that Nintendo will release the game again for switch 2, then I think it has a good shot of hitting 50 million between the two versions, assuming switch 2 sells well. There is absolutely no chance of it getting there with the switch version alone.

Not sure why some people think Nintendo will release it again. I'd put that at like 10% chance, not 100%. Assuming backwards compatibility there is no reason to release it as a Switch 2 game, and I'd put the chance of backwards compatibility around 100%. Anyone who will have Switch 2 can buy Wonder cuz its a Switch game. Nintendo brought a bunch of WiiU games to Switch because nobody bought the WiiU. Switch games don't have that problem. We will not see a similar thing next gen of Nintendo re-releasing last gen games because Switch games don't need that they way WiiU games did.

I think its very unlikely there is any sort of re-release for this game, or any Switch game, including TotK which lots of people just assume will get a next gen release for some reason. Probably at some point Nintendo will drop Switch games to like $30 during Switch 2's lifetime (if they don't do it next year to help Switch sales) and market that to try to get Switch 2 owners to use the bc and pick up Switch games like Wonder.

Nintendo milk's their customers better than any company on planet earth.  They sell them the same game over and over again.  

You think the lack of BC with many of their systems, discontinuation of Virtual Console and the like are accidents?  Those things are done for the very obvious purpose of causing people to buy the old games yet again. 

But, if you are correct and this game is not re-released for Switch 2, then it definitely will not sell 50mm copies.  

This game is not selling 50 million copies

VAMatt said:
Slownenberg said:

Not sure why some people think Nintendo will release it again. I'd put that at like 10% chance, not 100%. Assuming backwards compatibility there is no reason to release it as a Switch 2 game, and I'd put the chance of backwards compatibility around 100%. Anyone who will have Switch 2 can buy Wonder cuz its a Switch game. Nintendo brought a bunch of WiiU games to Switch because nobody bought the WiiU. Switch games don't have that problem. We will not see a similar thing next gen of Nintendo re-releasing last gen games because Switch games don't need that they way WiiU games did.

I think its very unlikely there is any sort of re-release for this game, or any Switch game, including TotK which lots of people just assume will get a next gen release for some reason. Probably at some point Nintendo will drop Switch games to like $30 during Switch 2's lifetime (if they don't do it next year to help Switch sales) and market that to try to get Switch 2 owners to use the bc and pick up Switch games like Wonder.

Nintendo milk's their customers better than any company on planet earth.  They sell them the same game over and over again.  

You think the lack of BC with many of their systems, discontinuation of Virtual Console and the like are accidents?  Those things are done for the very obvious purpose of causing people to buy the old games yet again. 

But, if you are correct and this game is not re-released for Switch 2, then it definitely will not sell 50mm copies.  

I'd say sony have taken that crown. Released the first tlou 3 times in 9 years.

pikashoe said:
VAMatt said:

Sony is definitely doing a good job of milking right now.  But, Nintendo has a much stronger track record. 

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
pikashoe said:

Sony is definitely doing a good job of milking right now.  But, Nintendo has a much stronger track record. 

Sony's entire first year of the ps4 was ps3 games but in a blue case this time. I don't like all the wii u games on the switch but at least nintendo has an excuse for that 

People are forgetting the whole reason everything gets the “next Gen upgrade” on PS5 and Xbox is because they’re not actually drastic leaps in hardware. It’s relatively easy to port them over with a frame rate boost and call it a day. Whereas Switch 2 is going to be a huge hardware leap. I highly doubt we’ll be seeing many Switch games brought over to 2 unless they get the full “remake” treatment (which Nintendo is definitely not doing for a 2D Mario game released this year lol)

CatGuy said:
VAMatt said:

Sony's entire first year of the ps4 was ps3 games but in a blue case this time. I don't like all the wii u games on the switch but at least nintendo has an excuse for that 

With the PS4 games on ps5 most of them are free upgrades or $10 fee to upgrade. Switch has many Wii and Wii U games and charge full price. 

I predict that Nintendo will make a healthy profit of SMBW, which is good since it's a terrific game.

I would've said yes with the Switch 2, this as an easy port. But on the Switch alone no way. I think 30m is an ambitious number but plausible number.

I think it will do 15-20m LT Switch and be a no brainer port for the Switch 2 where it will sell big there