By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone buying Mortal kombat 1 on switch?

It does target 60 fps and it looks acceptable on the small screen unless you zoom in on the faces.

Time for Switch 2

Around the Network
numberwang said:

It does target 60 fps and it looks acceptable on the small screen unless you zoom in on the faces.

Time for Switch 2

Yo why are you showing videos of fluid gameplay? This is a bashing thread, you know. We focus on marginal details that can only be seen in the photo mode but not in motion. Please align with the codex. Switch gwafix bad.

GoOnKid said:
numberwang said:

Time for Switch 2

Yo why are you showing videos of fluid gameplay? This is a bashing thread, you know. We focus on marginal details that can only be seen in the photo mode but not in motion. Please align with the codex. Switch gwafix bad.

I dont think thats fair in this case. This game is 70 dollars.

GoOnKid said:
numberwang said:

Time for Switch 2

The problem is its not fluid at all. fighting games have to be locked 60fps 99% or feel like shit. I think on switch it's 50-60fps during gameplay not counting supers, or special cutscene moves.

It's not so bad if you play it while squinting your eyes?

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
numberwang said:

Time for Switch 2

Fluid gameplay (60 fps or more) is needed in fighting games to prevent input lag, this version has a few drops even when the combat is happening.

Some people claim that MK11 looks better on the switch than this version, but the former was made on Unreal Engine 3 and MK1 is made on Unreal Engine 4, that's why everything is lower quality.

2d Fighting games aren't particularly heavy on hardware. Unless they really got lazy, it should be fine on Switch.

Those eyes on Cage, though... lol

Lmao

That is hilarious.

I only buy certain third party titles on Switch - ones from my favorite game series like Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Tales, etc.

Other than that, its mostly first party titles.

As for MK1 - I'm gonna get it on PC.

The thing is. I know that there are frame drops. No debate. But let's be real for a second: those frame drops probably will never be realized during gameplay by 99% of the players. Surely the 1% ultra competitive pro gamers might notice, okay. Are you in that 1%?

This reminds me of that time back when Mario Kart 8 came to the Wii U and some 'Journalist' tried to push the notion that it only ran on 59 fps and that was a bad thing.

And yes, the price is heavy. 70€ is not what I'm going to spend on this, if at all. I have MK11 on Switch and bought the Deluxe Edition when it was on sale for 30€. I guess that is what I'm going to do in this case as well. I'm in no hurry at all.