By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC: Switch 2 Was Shown At Gamescom Running Matrix Awakens UE5 Demo

Mar1217 said:
-Adonis- said:

It was all good until you use Doom as an example of a "good" port lol... I'm sorry textures and resolution are horrible.

That being said, I'm all for Final Fantasy VII Remake and FFXVI being ported on Switch 2. But Nintendo players, you better buy them if it comes. I want my favorite saga to have great sales. Same thing for Persona.

but no way I'm touching FFXVI.

Too adult for you ?

Around the Network
deerox said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't DLSS look terrible when used on a 30fps game?

No, you are probably referring to frame gen which only works well enough when you have high FPS to begin with, too much latency otherwise. I guarantee you that the Switch 2 will be a weak POS that will rely on Nintendo's great first party, this is Nintendo through and through. But I do enjoy this sites users predict what sort of power it will have, hilarious guess work as always. 

-Adonis- said:
Soundwave said:

The Switch is closer to the PS4 than people think it is. 

If the Switch 1 had DLSS, this comparison would become way, way closer because the blurry/low res look the Switch would suddenly become much closer to or right on par with the PS4. 

It's not like DOOM Eternal (or Witcher 3 or Wolfenstein) are like small scale indie games, those are basically like your standard big ticket 3rd party PS4 release. 

Without DLSS it can look like a blurry, muddy version and I think for a lot of devs that juice wasn't worth the squeeze, but if that wasn't the case, things become a whole lot dicier. If the Switch only had to render 1/9th the resolution of the PS4 and could still output a clean, high-res looking image ... it would turn comparisons like this upside down. 

It was all good until you use Doom as an example of a "good" port lol... I'm sorry textures and resolution are horrible. Why you ruined everything ?

That being said, I'm all for Final Fantasy VII Remake and FFXVI being ported on Switch 2. But Nintendo players, you better buy them if it comes. I want my favorite saga to have great sales. Same thing for Persona.

Which again is the whole point of DLSS. It will help resolve ports having to be laughably low res/muddy. 

If anything DLSS feels like a technology that Nvidia accidentally developed for a hybrid console just like the Switch, lol. 

Because really Nvidia doesn't want people saying "hey I can stick with my 2060 GPU and just use DLSS and not have to upgrade to a 40 series card" of course. 

The tech is like a godsend for the Switch. 

-Adonis- said:
Mar1217 said:

but no way I'm touching FFXVI.

Too adult for you ?

Or it could be the dissonant problem of mashing a narrative that employs the usual thematics of bonds and teamwork against the evil invidualistic god figure while you're in fact playing a solo one man army action game in what's is barely qualifiyable as an RPG.

In the meantime, Octopath Traveler 2 while doing something similar by the end doesn't feel like it's cheating the player, nor does it feel dissonant with the overall narrative because you're in fact in the actual control of a functionnable party of characters, with different roles to play, classes and such. A good RPG.

But this can't be it, right 🤔

Anywoo, enough digression, Super Switch will most likely run these 2 FF projects just fine at the end of the day.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

It'll hopefully be about as powerful as the PS4 Pro overall + RayTracing capable. That would be pretty badass for a handheld, notably more so than Switch 1 was by 2017 standards (and I never considered that "underpowered" either).

Expecting it to match Series S is too optimistic (even with DLSS taken into account), but beating the PS4 and SteamDeck was a given. Anything over 30% more than PS4's power would be good enough to me, PS4Pro like capability would be amazing for an affordable handheld.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 07 September 2023

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

It'll hopefully be about as powerful as the PS4 Pro overall + RayTracing capable. That would be pretty badass for a handheld, notably more so than Switch 1 was by 2017 standards (and I never coisidered that "underpowered" either).

Expecting it to match Series S is too optimistic (even with DLSS taken into account), but beating the PS4 and SteamDeck was a given. Anything over 30% of PS4's power would be good enough to me, PS4Pro like capability would be amazing for an affordable handheld.

It's gonna be a lot more interesting than I think some people might believe. 

XBox Series S - 4 teraflops, no DLSS

Switch 2 - maybe like 1.25 teraflop undocked, 2.5 teraflop docked (?), but with DLSS 3.0+ (no frame generation, but super resolution scaling and ray tracing a go go) 

The Series S has more horsepower naturally, but the Switch 2 can still render even as low as 360p/540p docked and get a decent enough image out of it ... the XBox Series S at 1080p has to push a lot more pixels and gets no help on the ray tracing front. 

Soundwave said:
Kyuu said:

It'll hopefully be about as powerful as the PS4 Pro overall + RayTracing capable. That would be pretty badass for a handheld, notably more so than Switch 1 was by 2017 standards (and I never coisidered that "underpowered" either).

Expecting it to match Series S is too optimistic (even with DLSS taken into account), but beating the PS4 and SteamDeck was a given. Anything over 30% of PS4's power would be good enough to me, PS4Pro like capability would be amazing for an affordable handheld.

It's gonna be a lot more interesting than I think some people might believe. 

XBox Series S - 4 teraflops, no DLSS

Switch 2 - maybe like 1.25 teraflop undocked, 2.5 teraflop docked (?), but with DLSS 3.0+ (no frame generation, but super resolution scaling and ray tracing a go go) 

The Series S has more horsepower naturally, but the Switch 2 can still render even as low as 360p/540p docked and get a decent enough image out of it ... the XBox Series S at 1080p has to push a lot more pixels and gets no help on the ray tracing front. 

It could match it in some GPU intensive games and RT applications. But the inferior storage system and CPU may hinder its potential.

Shatts said:

I'm skeptical. Does this mean the Switch 2 will be priced at $500?

Yes.  Per rumors these magical chips will give the switch 2 ps5 visuals in the palm of the hand at a low price point and with amazing battery. 

One might wonder why Steam, Asus, Lenova and many others aren't using this world altering revolutionary chipset with their portable systems....  The answer is simple.  Nvidia only wants to sell it to Nintendo.  

(Yes people actually believe this nonsense)

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 07 September 2023

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Soundwave said:
-Adonis- said:

It was all good until you use Doom as an example of a "good" port lol... I'm sorry textures and resolution are horrible. Why you ruined everything ?

Which again is the whole point of DLSS. It will help resolve ports having to be laughably low res/muddy. 

If anything DLSS feels like a technology that Nvidia accidentally developed for a hybrid console just like the Switch, lol. 

Because really Nvidia doesn't want people saying "hey I can stick with my 2060 GPU and just use DLSS and not have to upgrade to a 40 series card" of course. 

The tech is like a godsend for the Switch. 

Yes I agree. 

Chrkeller said:
Shatts said:

I'm skeptical. Does this mean the Switch 2 will be priced at $500?

Yes.  Per rumors these magical chips will give the switch 2 ps5 visuals in the palm of the hand at a low price point and with amazing battery. 

One might wonder why Steam, Asus, Lenova and many others aren't using this world altering revolutionary chipset with their portable systems....  The answer is simple.  Nvidia only wants to sell it to Nintendo.  

(Yes people actually believe this nonsense)

I mean tbf, this time it's from a very credible source and that's why I'm actually making a comment. Eurogamer is one of them, and they leaked what the Switch was about before it was announced officially. However, I think this is just the potential the hardware has, just like the PS5 has the potential to output 8k or whatever. It will ultimately be locked or settle at Series S ish power is my guess.