By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anti-Wii week continues: "Wii Is Nearing The End Of The Road"

When will people finally admit the Wii is a success? In 2010 they will be saying "Wii is doomed, the first 100 million consoles sold were a fad and sales will go down in 2011."

We should make a special forum to put all of the Wii is doomed threads.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network

"You're what's wrong with the video game industry, Nintendo. You coast through sales, you do as little as possible. If this were any other generation, you'd be software only ages ago!" - Frank Grimes on Nintendo

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Viper1 said:
Blue Ocelot doesn't understand that all major 3rd party titles out right now were planned and in development before Wii even launched and fails to consider the recent rash of studios announcing new support for Wii...some even opening a whole new studio just for Wii support.

Big budget game development is a 2-3 year investment. Developers wrote off Wii prior to launch so of course we aren't going to have many big budget 3rd party titles yet.

Viper,but if that´s the case,wouldn´t it mean major 3rd party titles would be going to the Wii only near the end of its life,when the 8th gen systems will be about to be released?

Would it mean the Wii´s successor will be the system that really benefits from the Wii´s success,and not the Wii itself,when it comes to 3rd party titles?

JGarret - if you exclude the last few years of the wiis lifespan, then yes.. apart from that, you can enjoy the many fantastic first party games (among all is one that is currently best reviewed game this gen and in the past decade) and a number of already great third party titles

JGarret said:
Viper1 said:
Blue Ocelot doesn't understand that all major 3rd party titles out right now were planned and in development before Wii even launched and fails to consider the recent rash of studios announcing new support for Wii...some even opening a whole new studio just for Wii support.

Big budget game development is a 2-3 year investment. Developers wrote off Wii prior to launch so of course we aren't going to have many big budget 3rd party titles yet.

Viper,but if that´s the case,wouldn´t it mean major 3rd party titles would be going to the Wii only near the end of its life,when the 8th gen systems will be about to be released?

Would it mean the Wii´s successor will be the system that really benefits from the Wii´s success,and not the Wii itself,when it comes to 3rd party titles?

Perhaps I missed your math here but that 2-3 year point actually starts this Nov.    Starting late Fall to early next year, we'll see a huge injection of bigger budget 3rd party titles.

Now if you are somehow suggesting that early 2009 will be the end of the 7th gen and start of the 8th gen, we have a whole different debate .

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Viper1 said:

I'd say you're partly right. Yes WiiHD will benefit most, cause it will have the big 3rd party games from the start. Wii didn't, which is understandable considering the 3rd party failure GC was and the disruptive, unproven way Nintendo developed the Wii.

But I think we'll start to see the flood of big 3rd party games for Wii next E3. It takes at least 2 years to develop a great game. Developers now know for over a year that the Wii is a much bigger success than anyone (including Nintendo) would have imagined.

Monster Hunter 3 and Fatal Frame 4 are only the beginning. It will start with the Japanese companies, cause there the Wii hegemony is greatest. Western companies are more focussed on graphics, so will resist a little longer, but the big developers have no choice but to publish for Wii and small ones that gamled (like High Voltage and Red Fly) are already showing ver cool stuff (Conduit, Mushroom Men).

Lol @ all those hardcore 'gamers' on the internet that keep bashing the Wii and that it's a fad and all... They fail badly, considering the people who wrote these kinds of articles were serious (@ original article e.d).

I'm not even going to argue against it with facts... It's just so terribly bad!... Why is everyone bashing the Wii btw?!... First people were bitching it didn't have enough 'hardcore' games, then they called it a fad when it keeped selling really well during the first half of 07... And now they say it just sucks... And they use bullshit as arguments... Now that the Wii has proven it's not a fad and stronger then ever, AND has tons of superb games (hardcore included) they (the wii haters) just don't have anything to use as an argument any longer so they start using bullcrap!

Funny!... And ohyeah! Since when has a game that has sold 3.24 million in 6 weeks in the US disappeared 'of the map' after it's initial launchweek?... Am i missing something here?

Or outselling X360 and PS3 combined for the whole of March?... Damn, Wii is seriously in big trouble now~!

THE NETHERLANDS

konnichiwa said:
BCNR34 said:
* Poor game marketing.
* They rely too heavily on sequels.

he may be wrong, but all of these are true...

You can say the same about sony.

Not true look at your ps3 lineup and most are new games. Sony has made (OUT ALREADY) more new games then any company in its first year. Some good some bad

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Folklore, Resistance, Uncharted, Warhawk, motorstorm, The Eye of Judgment. etc

These are SOME of the brand new titles that are already out! Thats more then both nintendo and microsoft on brand new titles. I didnt even try to give the ones not coming out yet (white knight story, Little big planet, afrika, Home  etc.)

( I know warhawk a ps1 game i no but really its a completely new game), DOZENS of brand new PSN store stuff but i wont name that.

These are  all games made or published buy SONY. Not many if any company can say that in a year they had what a dozen non sequals in its first year?

Konnichiwa fail......

Wow. This is... wow.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

These threads get really big really fast. Each and every one of them, why do we/you take offense at the same thing just said by a different person? If its bullshit then ignore it, its not like the dude is gonna here and read our comments and see the error of his ways.