By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anti-Wii week continues: "Wii Is Nearing The End Of The Road"

misterd said:

3. By this point, Nintendo will be ready to unveil their new system (the Nintendo Yoo), which will likely have millions of Wii owners lining up to start the process anew.

Let's not count our chickens before they hatch. This didn't work too well for Sony.

Around the Network

wow what a stupid article, the Wii is a great console and is selling well so the N00B who wrote the article ignored the 2 key factors.

I see people still fooled by the "attach rate by year", and think it's the same "attach rate".
The Nintendo financial report due soon will just reveal the lie anyway.
As for the rest, there's nothing to say to such dumbness.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Wow and we get 100's of Nintendo gaming forum threads, I bet quoting the same sources debating the Wii issues over and over. John Lucas appears and states "Wii will reach 100 million consoles sold worldwide before end of 2010".
The critics have well been wrong.

Yeah, it all stems back to that freakin' New York Times article that is total crap, and actually uses this site as a reference, which makes it worse that he completely made a fool of himself in front of the internet.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

From what we know till now, nintendo may not have a good year, at least till they say something in E3 for the holidays, like KidIcarus, maybe starfox? or any big title coming at the end of the year, if they dont have it, they are doomed this year. At least half of the year is looking really good with Brawl, Mario Kart and Wii Fit

Around the Network

First I thought the OP was another great humouros post by RolStoppable.

Naraku_Diabolos said:
Not all Final Fantasy games are sequels, guys. There are improvements on graphics and gameplay, but nearly all of the stories are different.
As off topic as that is, that's a really good point. Though recent Square's stubborn insistence on spinoffs/remakes really dilutes that. As to the article: I'm wondering when people will just give up on saying the Wii is 'doomed to fail'. I mean, how much more evidence could you need that it's dominant? I honestly don't know why it's so polarizing. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

This is my favorite part:

Can Nintendo rebound from these problems? I highly doubt they will. The Nintendo Wii is getting ready to go the way of the N64 and Game Cube in the near future.

Pure gold.

PS: I should contact this guy and make a cash bet with him.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

$599 price tag for PS3 in the US announced before its launch was when the Wii had won the generation. The price was the reason the Wii is outselling the PS3. $249 for a Wii people?

Rock_on_2008 said:
$599 price tag for PS3 in the US announced before its launch was when the Wii had won the generation. The price was the reason the Wii is outselling the PS3. $249 for a Wii people?

This argument is so flawed it's sad. Of course the price is one of the factor's for the Wii's success but that is it, it is simply one of many. I purchased a Wii for it's exclusive title's and motion-sensing control's, the price simply wasn`t a factor even though it launched at $399 down here. This argument is the refuge of the fanboy and fails massively.