By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anti-Wii week continues: "Wii Is Nearing The End Of The Road"

Do we all really need to go through this EVERY time for ANY console, whether its good news or bad news. Its really getting tiresome and boring that every month or so there's always some bonehead talking how the Wii is this and the 360 is that and blah blah blah.

Us VGChartians already know this. So what's the point.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
@Viper1-How do you know that?do you work for Nintendo? and NMH selling more than other games Suda 51 develops is totally irelevant to my argument.

"the few good games that do come out dont even sell that well(No More Hero's)"

That sound relevant to your argument to me. Seems you just want to avoid that, since it's not true and thus undermines your argument.

BTW, NHM has about 250k sales.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

HA???Wii is leading towards the end of the road??

yes, i absolutely agree with that, it's heading towards the end.......why??
because it has horrible sales, nobody is interested in Wii, because it has a controlller like GC, so it's dying like game cube..... : (

on the other hand, Ps3 and Xbox360 are selling so crazy compared to Wii, that you can be sure abou it, Wii end is coming, Wii is going to die......

also, Wii has N64 graphics, yes, so bad.......and nobody buys Wii games........ : (

btw, get a taste of Wii's N64 graphics here , and tell me what you think, i wonder if what is shown there is really  possible.......  :p

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

ClaudeLv250 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
@Viper1-How do you know that?do you work for Nintendo? and NMH selling more than other games Suda 51 develops is totally irelevant to my argument.

It's not irrelevant when it's his best selling game and sold so much the publishers threw a party.

When the freaking people that amde that game are celebrating it's success, you have to wonder when the angry nerds on forums are going to stop pretending like it didn't sell.

There's no shame in being mistake bleu.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Desroko said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Desroko said:
The system is 18 months old, bleu-ocelot. The novelty argument died a long time ago.

The Wii didn't get popular and start selling like crazy till like the middle of last year if i recall.

You recall poorly.

Thats fine if im wrong but how about something to back up your statement and I still think that the novelty will not last forever.

how is this?
http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39047&end=39558&weekly=1

i don't know how much straighter the wii line could be, excluding of course the christmas period 2006 and 2007, that is not a quadratic line.. that beaut is linear

Around the Network
Fastrabbit09 said:

BCNR34 said:
* They rely too heavily on sequels.

he may be wrong, but all of these are true...

wii sports, wii play, wii fitness, excite truck, endless ocean, disaster: day of crisis, wii music, wii chess, ...

Techincally ExciteTruck could be considered a sequel, or at least a spinoff.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Desroko said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Desroko said:
The system is 18 months old, bleu-ocelot. The novelty argument died a long time ago.

The Wii didn't get popular and start selling like crazy till like the middle of last year if i recall.

You recall poorly.

Thats fine if im wrong but how about something to back up your statement and I still think that the novelty will not last forever.

1. Once the novelty does wear off, we'll still have a solid library of games to fall back on. 

2. The novelty has lasted nearly 18 months so far and shows no signs of abating. If Nintendo gets another year or two of strong sales out of a system that people insist was out of date in 2005, while pocketing $50 off each console sold and more off each piece of software, I think they'll be more than happy.

3. By this point, Nintendo will be ready to unveil their new system (the Nintendo Yoo), which will likely have millions of Wii owners lining up to start the process anew.

bleu, it is very likely the Wii would outsell the PS3 this generation, if nary another piece of software was released for the console.

I don't understand how Wii can sell the most software worldwide, by far, and people say "Wii doesn't sell games."

It's like saying, "Coke doesn't sell coke, people just use it for the bottle." and everyone on the internet is like "I believe you with 100 percent certainty."

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Wow and we get 100's of Nintendo gaming forum threads, I bet quoting the same sources debating the Wii issues over and over. John Lucas appears and states "Wii will reach 100 million consoles sold worldwide before end of 2010".
The critics have well been wrong.

ToastyJaguar said:
I'm going to brave it and say something on this.

In terms of game's, they are not that much different from what was on the gamecube imo, the only thing that makes them sell more now is that more people have a Wii because the motion controls are fun to use with those games.

There is a definate buzz surrounding the Wii at the moment and i don't think it will maintain this for very long. Who knows, probably by 2009, it will be selling on par with 360 and ps3.

I won't dispute that. A good deal of the GCN's problems were in marketing, especially in the US where purple=gay, handle=lunchpail, and Nintendo=teh kiddez. When these were the only ways to distinguish the Cube from the competition (well, those and the lack of DVD playback), it was an uphill battle to be taken seriously. With the Wii, Nintendo has removed it's stigmas and taken a stand that clearly sets its console apart from the others.