By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anti-Wii week continues: "Wii Is Nearing The End Of The Road"

Fastrabbit09 said:
outlawauron said:
Devil's Advocate:

The only reason I think the Wii is being singled out because it doesn't have a great new ip out.

Sony has put out Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Folkore, Motorstorm, Resistance, etc launched. MS has launched Gears, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Viva Pinata, etc.

The is the only reasoning I think of to warrant the heavily rely on sequels.

/Devil's Advocate out

Seriously, this guy is dumb. The commentors are even funnier.

zack and wiki? elebits? no more heroes? wii fit? wii sports? red steel? endless ocean?

I think he meant hyped as the next saviour of mankind new IP's.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Basically, guy said "The fad will be over soon as soon as people realize the Wii sucks" and he was serious as hell.

I can't really hate him. To be that dumb, you have to have a serious physical defect of the brain.

Is he possibly 9 or younger, as that would go halfway to explaining his seeming mental defect.

Does anyone, ever in this world, take this guy seriously, lol?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ZenFoldorVG1:No i do not agree with the points the guy was making except about the third party support which is true.I was just making my own observation about the wii and if the wii did not release another game it would still sell like it is now because the masses like the idea of the wii but that novelty will not last forever and then Nintendo will have to rely on its core people,you know the ones who actually buy games and want good games not just one or two titles a year and not always Mario.

The system is 18 months old, bleu-ocelot. The novelty argument died a long time ago.

Blue Ocelot doesn't understand that all major 3rd party titles out right now were planned and in development before Wii even launched and fails to consider the recent rash of studios announcing new support for Wii...some even opening a whole new studio just for Wii support.

Big budget game development is a 2-3 year investment. Developers wrote off Wii prior to launch so of course we aren't going to have many big budget 3rd party titles yet.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Desroko said:
The system is 18 months old, bleu-ocelot. The novelty argument died a long time ago.

The Wii didn't get popular and start selling like crazy till like the middle of last year if i recall.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Desroko said:

The Wii didn't get popular and start selling like crazy till like the middle of last year if i recall.

You recall poorly.

Nah, it was pretty consistently selling out for most of its launch period too. These was a brief lull in late March/early April (as there was for the PS3 and 360 as well), but it was the exception, not the rule The difference between sales a year ago and sales now is that production of units is around twice as high.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
@ZenFoldorVG1:No i do not agree with the points the guy was making except about the third party support which is true.I was just making my own observation about the wii and if the wii did not release another game it would still sell like it is now because the masses like the idea of the wii but that novelty will not last forever and then Nintendo will have to rely on its core people,you know the ones who actually buy games and want good games not just one or two titles a year and not always Mario.

You mean those 20 million core fans that bought a gamecube?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Viper1 said:
Blue Ocelot doesn't understand that all major 3rd party titles out right now were planned and in development before Wii even launched and fails to consider the recent rash of studios announcing new support for Wii...some even opening a whole new studio just for Wii support.

Big budget game development is a 2-3 year investment. Developers wrote off Wii prior to launch so of course we aren't going to have many big budget 3rd party titles yet.

Those developers who are quick to jump on the Wii ''because''of its sucess are the ones cranking out shovelware and the few good games that do come out dont even sell that well(No More Hero's).