By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think the Switch Successor will release?

Will the Switch successor launch in 2024?

Yes 3 75.00%

No 1 25.00%

Total:4
trunkswd said:
eddy7eddy said:

Exactly same thought, I wish we got a March+ 2025 Release, so it has the double first year boosts (Release Hype & First Holiday).

March release worked really well for the Switch with Breath of the Wild at launch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a month or so later, Splatoon 2 during the summer, and Mario Odyssey as the big holiday game. 

Correct, what a great year for gamers, including Xenoblade 2, me and two friends got a Switch just for XC2 (And some of my family the Next year plus MK8 DX), Good that Hardware is still strong with the Gaming Section.

Last edited by eddy7eddy - on 21 July 2023

Around the Network

Why is there no option in the poll for next week?

Early to mid-2024 is my guess (and my wish). I don't think Nintendo needs to keep Switch as their main flagship console till effin' Holiday 2025.. mainly cuz it's already on the decline. It really won't work out if they wait until it's basically dead before releasing next gen. I say release the next thing while the fire's still hot. I think many forget Switch can still co-exist with the next-gen. The console ain't going to die instantly. There's always been some overlap between console generations, and I don't think this will be any different.

I hope Nintendo is manufacturing a crap ton, waits till the switch cools off in sales, then launches so much hardware scalping isn't a problem.

For me, and I'm shocked I'm saying this, the switch passed the SNES with pikmin 4. Switch is my all time favorite console.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

September 2024

Around the Network

All choices are wrong. It will release on March 1, 2024.

Watching the events of the cosmos unfold in tears and solitude

I'd say there's a 100% chance that it launches between holiday 2024 and holiday 2025. I think the first half of that window is most likely. I voted holiday 2024 in the poll, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see it pushed to spring 2025. Holiday 2025 seems too far off to me. But, if sales pick up because of Mario (or any other game), I wouldn't be shocked if they pushed it out until then.

Since I have to pick I'll say early 2025. I think holiday 2024 and holiday 2025 both have a decent chance too though.

Announcement in Feb 2024 and release in April or May 2024.

(If I'm wrong, then it'll be in 2025 around the same months mentioned).

Last edited by BasilZero - on 22 July 2023

Between end 2024 and early 2025 I think is the best spot.

There's a lot of things to take in consideration that can take a considerable amount of time while projecting the next console, like for example the hybrid concept: The design of a hybrid console is pretty complex and a lot of tests should be made to avoid major issues.

Plus if we assume that backwards compatibility is certain, then they will be burning a lot of brain cells to make this work while having a considerable jump in specs and a decent price tag.

Switch released 4 years and a few months after Wii U with no BC,  a questionable design, a modest jump in graphics, Cross gen Zelda & MK8 port as first titles and joy cons problems all the way.

I really can't tell why people are so baffled that a next gen console isn't already announced or released 

Last edited by 160rmf - on 22 July 2023

We reap what we sow