By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 27, 2023 (Jun 26 - Jul 02)

curl-6 said:

That's a steep drop for Final Fantasy.

Also satisfying to see Everybody 1-2 Switch fall flat with just 3320 copies sold week 1, good grief that game looks like horseshit.

Oh that came out this week? Yeah Nintendo barely marketed that, they didn't even put it on Nintendo Direct, not even a sec lol. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
siebensus4 said:

Switch has a crazy momentum since the Zelda release. If it can keep the momentum until the end of the year, I'd rather see a successor in 2025 than 2024.

Why would switch momentum influence when you wanna see switch 2? It's basically do you want Nintendo games with better graphics and performance asap or not. Not to mention the handheld itself doesn't feel great in the hands compared to a steamdeck that also needs a huge update with analogs, grips and buttons.

I just wanted to point out that current sales are so good, that Nintendo probably would sell less consoles if they would end Switch's lifecycle and launch a successor next year. Just look at Switch's first 2 years. Sales were way below current sales. Switch is currently outselling every other year during week 24, 25, 26 and 27 in Japan. You simply don't launch a successor, if your current system sells that well.

siebensus4 said:
zeldaring said:

Why would switch momentum influence when you wanna see switch 2? It's basically do you want Nintendo games with better graphics and performance asap or not. Not to mention the handheld itself doesn't feel great in the hands compared to a steamdeck that also needs a huge update with analogs, grips and buttons.

I just wanted to point out that current sales are so good, that Nintendo probably would sell less consoles if they would end Switch's lifecycle and launch a successor next year. Just look at Switch's first 2 years. Sales were way below current sales. Switch is currently outselling every other year during week 24, 25, 26 and 27 in Japan. You simply don't launch a successor, if your current system sells that well.

I get it. It's good that your favorite company sells the most consoles ever in history,  but in the end its about what you want. 

All I want to know is where is F-Zero, Starfox and Metroid 4????? How many systems must sell before we get another one :(

我是广州人

FFXVI 2nd week
Japan =-89%
UK = -74%
Spain = -86%

amazon us - rank 58
amazon uk - rank 19
amazon de - rank 52
amazon fr - rank 24
amazon es - rank 65
amazon ca - rank 43
amazon jp - rank 4

The only momentum FFXVI has right now is downward.

Around the Network

Physical sales of FFXVI and the large majority of big budget software in general are indeed on a downward slope, there's no doubting that.

Luckily for publishers, digital gives them an even higher percentage of revenue per purchase so with the drop physical sales being offset by a rise in digital sales, it's only more profitable for a company like Square Enix. The brick-and-mortar stores functioning as middle men will get cut out, but are they even important when it comes to game development? I don't think so.

It seems that FFXVI has become the scapegoat for a lot of people including in here and other places.

It hasn’t even been a month and a lot of people are calling it a flop.

Megiddo said:

Physical sales of FFXVI and the large majority of big budget software in general are indeed on a downward slope, there's no doubting that.

Luckily for publishers, digital gives them an even higher percentage of revenue per purchase so with the drop physical sales being offset by a rise in digital sales, it's only more profitable for a company like Square Enix. The brick-and-mortar stores functioning as middle men will get cut out, but are they even important when it comes to game development? I don't think so.

We’re all still waiting for evidence of upward momentum.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

kazuyamishima said:

It seems that FFXVI has become the scapegoat for a lot of people including in here and other places.

It hasn’t even been a month and a lot of people are calling it a flop.

People aren't calling it a flop people are simply highlighting a downward trend in the series growth which is very different, XV is looking like the exception right now.

It is really great to see Switch still doing so well! Definitely my favourite console of all time.

Random question, but does anybody know when the CESA update is? I read somewhere that it was this month, but can't seem to find it.

1doesnotsimply