By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft considered acquiring Bungie and Sega (and more) to bolster Xbox Game Pass, internal emails show

Tagged games:

Buying Sega makes alot of sense.
It grants Japanese built games and Sega has great PC games to top it off. Helps boltster both departments.

If they brought Sega, they should rebrand the Xbox to Sega and sell it as a Japanese Xbox console.

Around the Network

Leave SEGA the fuck alone.

Besides Phil Spencer said he is not buying SEGA. It was reported on this very site a few months back.

Last edited by Leynos - on 27 June 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Leave SEGA the fuck alone.

Besides Phil Spencer said he is not buying SEGA. It was reported on this very site a few months back.

Listen to what you said : " phill spencer said ..." 

mjk45 said:
BraLoD said:

Hopefully Microsoft never gets to buy Sega.

BraLoD keep your filthy hands off Sega

Sega today has announced it has bought from Sony the rights to Legend of Dragoon.

BraLoD  This is stupendous and is the greatest news of this century and shows that Sega doesn't need those MS scumbags, so lets all hail my heroes Sega.😍

Sega We wish to inform you that we indeed have bought Legend of Dragoon for the sum of $5.00 with the  non negotiable proviso that we take one Mr Yoshida off Sony's hands or as they put it Mr Souls fuck up Yoshida, but before you show your outrage and accuse us of profligate spending we would like to say don't blame us blame the Japanese government the $5.00 cost included $4.99 stamp duty.

We would like to follow this up with some minor news  The Legend of Dragoon  purchase wouldn't have been possible without Microsoft buying us for 5Billion and 5 dollars.

BraLod All hail our Heroes Microsoft😊😁👍❤️💕😍

🤣

honestly cracking up here reading your post

I'd imagine that they considered buying many more gaming companies than the ones listed here. If you're buying Activision, you're looking at all of their competitors too. You don't just pull Activision out of a hat and say "lets go for this one!"

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

Sega today has announced it has bought from Sony the rights to Legend of Dragoon.

BraLoD  This is stupendous and is the greatest news of this century and shows that Sega doesn't need those MS scumbags, so lets all hail my heroes Sega.😍

Sega We wish to inform you that we indeed have bought Legend of Dragoon for the sum of $5.00 with the  non negotiable proviso that we take one Mr Yoshida off Sony's hands or as they put it Mr Souls fuck up Yoshida, but before you show your outrage and accuse us of profligate spending we would like to say don't blame us blame the Japanese government the $5.00 cost included $4.99 stamp duty.

We would like to follow this up with some minor news  The Legend of Dragoon  purchase wouldn't have been possible without Microsoft buying us for 5Billion and 5 dollars.

BraLod All hail our Heroes Microsoft😊😁👍❤️💕😍

This is hilarious

I just bought LoD for $7 a few days ago actually lmao.

BasilZero said:
mjk45 said:

BraLoD  This is stupendous and is the greatest news of this century and shows that Sega doesn't need those MS scumbags, so lets all hail my heroes Sega.ðŸ˜Â

BraLod All hail our Heroes Microsoft😊ðŸ˜ÂðŸ‘â¤ï¸ÂðŸ’•ðŸ˜Â

This is hilarious

So you paid $2 more than Sega did, smelly bird!

Btw, did you ever get to start playing it?

BraLoD said:

So you paid $2 more than Sega did, smelly bird!

Btw, did you ever get to start playing it?

Not yet - it was on sale on PSN so I bought it , I'll get to it in the future, right now I'm playing too many games and saving myself for FFXVI as my next long RPG - whenever it goes on sale.

BasilZero said:
mjk45 said:

BraLoD  This is stupendous and is the greatest news of this century and shows that Sega doesn't need those MS scumbags, so lets all hail my heroes Sega.ðŸ˜Â

BraLod All hail our Heroes Microsoft😊ðŸ˜ÂðŸ‘â¤ï¸ÂðŸ’•ðŸ˜Â

This is hilarious

Talk about economic mismanagement you could have bought the whole IP and saved your self $2.00 still having said that you most likely dodged a bullet otherwise you would have been stuck with Yoshida.

PS. what would you do with him post your suggestions below.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
BasilZero said:

This is hilarious

Talk about economic mismanagement you could have bought the whole IP and saved your self $2.00 still having said that you most likely dodged a bullet otherwise you would have been stuck with Yoshida.

PS. what would you do with him post your suggestions below.

Making him join Microsoft of course and let him push for MS to buy Square Enix and lock PlayStation out of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest. Just like Xbox was. Also let Microsoft revive LOD since PlayStation is not interested at all. And make MS the ultimate JRPG platform and by that giving the industry a big Uno Reverse card.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar