By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

Nah XV is shit. Poor mechanics. Unfinished story and what is there is terrible. Bad writing all around. The combat sucks. Starting you off in a huge open area and then the last half being a tunnel was terrible. It's not a good game at all.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Xxain said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

XV was so badly designed in combat that is a game that almost force you to stockpile potions and phoenix downs, as there is no magic system with MP manegment to replace items. The damage both you inflict and the enemies inflict on you is never balanced in any moment of the game, combined thid with a clunky controllers, moveseat and weird dodge system and we have a bombshell of a battle system in your hands

To prevent the game to become too punishing they decided to give you an infinite amount of potions very low price and force you to abuse. Lame

I'm sorry friend, but I loved FINAL FANTASY XV. XV is nowhere near as bad as it is made out to be. It is the case of so much of it'd development is well known that people go in already dislike it. It's like the Lily Bergamo thing. 

Is anybody finding the camera to be a pain? I can't tell if its the game or my controller is acting up. Currently at Hideaway! Dragoon Boss fight was great. Nice on the classic Dragoon Pose.

I mildly enjoyed FF XV but that's because I'm a sucker for modern-day fantasy games, steampunks, and science fiction fantasies. The lore of this game is very poor for FF standards. I played FF XII Zodiac Age a couple of months before XV and the difference in the world is just astonishing 

The story and the worldbuilding are only good if you're a total FF nerd and try to find every piece of media to explain the holes the game left. The DLCs while not fun to play, at least added some substance to its very whack story, albeit not as much. But I liked a lot the characters, mainly Prompt and Ignis (best boy), so having an opportunity to drop Noctis to control them was welcomed because Noctis is annoying AF

The combat is... sad. Like really sad. They couldn't fix even the camera positioning, you fight in many areas unaware of what is happening. This is a shame because the core mechanics regarding Noctis moveset were very promising, but everything fall apart if you can't take the good ideas and make it work 

I liked the glorified life sim quests at the start of thr game. The game is pretty, and the music is relaxing, I completely forgot I was playing a FF game and just spent a couple of hours driving and enjoying the music but that's it.

Ultimately while enjoyable those first chapters have no real substance, and when the game makes you to drop rhe western USA to go to Venice you finally realize how the devs had no idea what they wanted do with this game 

No wonder why they didn't even try to make FF XVI open world 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Xxain said:

I'm sorry friend, but I loved FINAL FANTASY XV. XV is nowhere near as bad as it is made out to be. It is the case of so much of it'd development is well known that people go in already dislike it. It's like the Lily Bergamo thing. 

Is anybody finding the camera to be a pain? I can't tell if its the game or my controller is acting up. Currently at Hideaway! Dragoon Boss fight was great. Nice on the classic Dragoon Pose.

I mildly enjoyed FF XV but that's because I'm a sucker for modern-day fantasy games, steampunks, and science fiction fantasies. The lore of this game is very poor for FF standards. I played FF XII Zodiac Age a couple of months before XV and the difference in the world is just astonishing 

The story and the worldbuilding are only good if you're a total FF nerd and try to find every piece of media to explain the holes the game left. The DLCs while not fun to play, at least added some substance to its very whack story, albeit not as much. But I liked a lot the characters, mainly Prompt and Ignis (best boy), so having an opportunity to drop Noctis to control them was welcomed because Noctis is annoying AF

The combat is... sad. Like really sad. They couldn't fix even the camera positioning, you fight in many areas unaware of what is happening. This is a shame because the core mechanics regarding Noctis moveset were very promising, but everything fall apart if you can't take the good ideas and make it work 

I liked the glorified life sim quests at the start of thr game. The game is pretty, and the music is relaxing, I completely forgot I was playing a FF game and just spent a couple of hours driving and enjoying the music but that's it.

Ultimately while enjoyable those first chapters have no real substance, and when the game makes you to drop rhe western USA to go to Venice you finally realize how the devs had no idea what they wanted do with this game 

No wonder why they didn't even try to make FF XVI open world 

Not quite FF16 was going to be a open world, but they decided against it, not because of the FFXV, but because they already knew what they were going for plot wise (FF14 guy loves Game of Thrones) and open world would not suit it. 

but anyways why I'm not interested in XV when we got XVI fresh off the grill.

If I don't stop playing now I will find myself looking at the clock and realizing it's 3 am. Early yet but enjoying it. I have a fetish for good-sounding jingle and clanks in games at the sound of armor and weapons. This game is doing that well but not as well as DQXI or Berserk Band of the Hawk. Clive looks silly with his cartoony Braveheart sword as DLC. goetz is flat-out Hodor from Game of Thrones.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I am sort of reminded of Valkyrie Elysium a little bit. I feel like both games are very similar in how they adapt then their series into action games. Boss fights continue to be a treat. They are all so fun.

And yes, Brave Heart really stands out lol.

Really jealous of others playing FFXVI I'll admit.

I'll get it in the holidays.

This year's been a banger for some of my most favorite franchises so far on both Playstation and outside of Playstation.

Just got Garuda! Much needed edition to the arsenal. I love the pull grab. One of Garuda's special skills while weak in damage is 5 stars in Stagger. Will be a permanent edition to my attack wheel :).

Main story is looking to not be that long. I am currently at sitting 25% done. Good since one of the trophies requires that we beat the game again on unlockable difficulty -_-. I also happened to look at enemy list and it was looking quite slim.

Don't know why they released this soon after totk. Let people finish playing though that before they release it.

KratosLives said:

Don't know why they released this soon after totk. Let people finish playing though that before they release it.

You must be joking right? Let's make people who don't even play totk wait as well and besides it's been over a month totk released. I beat the main story in a week and all side content the following week.