By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

Might be too early to ask but can anyone tell if if it was just the demo or is the final game only allowed to carry 4 potions?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Might be too early to ask but can anyone tell if if it was just the demo or is the final game only allowed to carry 4 potions?

Currently I'm at 20% and still only 4 potion.  I hardly use them anyways and always sell them since I can't carry more than 4. When the wolf joins you he can use cure during battles 

Crown said:

Did you watched the review of eurogamer on metacritic? It feels like something personal and political. This unfortunately contributed to the game not reaching 90. I feel sad about it.

This the same eurogamer on YouTube? The review on YouTube sounds really positive and she highly recommends it

Pinkie_pie said:
Crown said:

Did you watched the review of eurogamer on metacritic? It feels like something personal and political. This unfortunately contributed to the game not reaching 90. I feel sad about it.

This the same eurogamer on YouTube? The review on YouTube sounds really positive and she highly recommends it

Seems like the video from Eurogamer was done by a different reviewer Aoife, while the written review was a lot more negative done by Edwin Evans.

I dont think the video reviews have actual ratings, the written one gave it a 3/5. Yikes.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Crown said:

Won’t waste my time since Eurogamer is kinda biased.

But a lot of people claim the review is very shameful and points have being deducted for the silliest reasons.

But 88/100 is a very good score. 

Around the Network

Looks like my copy will be delivered tomorrow. Nice, I was expecting monday

Leynos said:

Cap is 4. Quite frankly, there should be a cap. FFXV had no cap on item use and it made battles impossible to lose if you have had resources. If you had a lot of Phoenix Downs you could just brute your way through shit.  I found that so bizarre.

I'm gonna wait to see if they can fix performance mode, and the hard difficulty being hidden till new game plus is just stupid.

Xxain said:
Leynos said:

Cap is 4. Quite frankly, there should be a cap. FFXV had no cap on item use and it made battles impossible to lose if you have had resources. If you had a lot of Phoenix Downs you could just brute your way through shit.  I found that so bizarre.

XV was so badly designed in combat that is a game that almost force you to stockpile potions and phoenix downs, as there is no magic system with MP manegment to replace items. The damage both you inflict and the enemies inflict on you is never balanced in any moment of the game, combined thid with a clunky controllers, moveseat and weird dodge system and we have a bombshell of a battle system in your hands

To prevent the game to become too punishing they decided to give you an infinite amount of potions very low price and force you to abuse. Lame

IcaroRibeiro said:
Xxain said:

XV was so badly designed in combat that is a game that almost force you to stockpile potions and phoenix downs, as there is no magic system with MP manegment to replace items. The damage both you inflict and the enemies inflict on you is never balanced in any moment of the game, combined thid with a clunky controllers, moveseat and weird dodge system and we have a bombshell of a battle system in your hands

To prevent the game to become too punishing they decided to give you an infinite amount of potions very low price and force you to abuse. Lame

I'm sorry friend, but I loved FINAL FANTASY XV. XV is nowhere near as bad as it is made out to be. It is the case of so much of it'd development is well known that people go in already dislike it. It's like the Lily Bergamo thing. 

Is anybody finding the camera to be a pain? I can't tell if its the game or my controller is acting up. Currently at Hideaway! Dragoon Boss fight was great. Nice on the classic Dragoon Pose.