By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

KratosLives said:

Don't know why they released this soon after totk. Let people finish playing though that before they release it.

Two different franchises....two different genres....two different platforms...

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
KratosLives said:

Don't know why they released this soon after totk. Let people finish playing though that before they release it.

Two different franchises....two different genres....two different platforms...

And most importantly, two different companies that don't have consider another companies release schedule when deciding their own.

Be careful when reading the lore entries. Lores on Egis, Mothercrystals, and Lich so far spoil shit before you get there in story.

UPDATE: A Hugo entry update does as well. Fuck dude; Now I'm going to be paranoid about the Lore shit.

Last edited by Xxain - on 23 June 2023

I did the Garuda fight last night then went to sleep. Plan on playing more later. Rare for me to have a backlog but after FF16 I will take my sweet time with it. I will have Redout II, Sonic Origins and AEW Fight Forever lined up.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Oh boy. I just defeated my first boss with no damage to get the trophy and uuuhh, they give rare medals for that. Used in crafting. Yikes. I could not imagine no damaging the semi primed Garuda fight.

Around the Network

Currently at the 30% mark. Finally opens up free travel AKA go back to old areas unbarred and they are filled with new enemies that give out decent ability and EXP. Nothing about hunts yet though.

I guessed correctly the Identity of hooded man.

I got the Devil May Clive outfit now. Gone is the ugly GoT armor.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Couple of hours in

Characters, screenplay and setting are all but fantastic. The Dominants are specially complex and memorable characters, this will be a Final Fantasy remembered by its compelling cast. Enix should allow some animated series based on the game, I'm sure it would be a sucess

Gameplay still mid. Need to unlock more eikons to add some spicy in the combos and moves

I'm not bothered by the graphics in any sense. While I do agree FF 7 RE on PS5 looks better graphically in combat and some animated segments, FF 7 has a couple of shallow and not well detailed environments. The only thing that I find Ff VII undoubtedly superior is the character models, in both style and design. But well, it's the freaking FF VII cast we are talking about, at this point they are all so iconic that I don't believe Enix could pull anything on the same level

^ I think that's a matter of preference. Particularly I think most FF characters are overdone and stick out like a sore thumb in their context, doubtless to make it easier for the player to identify them in earlier platforms. Here they feel like a part of the environment they're in.

About seven hours in so far Game has been a blast, the best FF since 12 and one of the best overall, no doubt.

My only criticisms are the game's retry system making fights a cakewalk and that some things were left to cutscenes that could have been done in-game.

So is the consensus to play the game in Quality (Graphics) over Performance (FPS)?