By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

Mar1217 said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, the last level is like Champions Road. Just a long and very difficult level.

Isn't it only tied to the number of Wonder Seeds though ? Why go through completing every levels goalposts and purple coins if it doesn't factor in ?

Can't wait to see how challenging the Special World will be btw !

I dont know. I need that useless checkmark I guess

Around the Network

World 5 seems easier again, if that's the fungus world? W4 is the desert? That was fun. The over map is kinda confusing still.
Our purple coin counter is stuck at 999 most of the time, there's not much to buy in the shop. Is there any point to these standees? We bought a bunch until it started hitting ones we already have with the random purchases, seems like it will take forever to get them all if it pops up ones you already have.

SvennoJ said:

World 5 seems easier again, if that's the fungus world? W4 is the desert? That was fun. The over map is kinda confusing still.
Our purple coin counter is stuck at 999 most of the time, there's not much to buy in the shop. Is there any point to these standees? We bought a bunch until it started hitting ones we already have with the random purchases, seems like it will take forever to get them all if it pops up ones you already have.

Standees allow you to help other players revive and increase your heart points - so its just something that is extra that doesnt really lead to anything (like the score in older mario games).

W4 is the desert level and so far is my favorite world - I typically dont like Desert levels but SMB Wonder made me change that for its game lol

W5 too early to say, just barely started. Got to the Special World from W4 but I'll do it last.

Mar1217 said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, the last level is like Champions Road. Just a long and very difficult level.

Isn't it only tied to the number of Wonder Seeds though ? Why go through completing every levels goalposts and purple coins if it doesn't factor in ?

You have to checkmark everything to get to the final-final level, AFAIK.

haxxiy said:
Mar1217 said:

I'll see once I get there because from what I could glimpse on the map of the Special World. It's only being gated by a 16 Wonder Seeds requirement. 

But plz ! Let it not be what you just said !!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
haxxiy said:

I'll see once I get there because from what I could glimpse on the map of the Special World. It's only being gated by a 16 Wonder Seeds requirement. 

But plz ! Let it not be what you just said !!

Thats not the final one unfortunately.

Made it to World 6. 10 hours in.

Near the end now for it as well.

World 6's levels are quite nice mix.

We just completed world 6, minus the one that requires 25 flowers to unlock. We got the 25 but the game teleported us away for a cut scene :/

Time for a break anyway as co-op kinda falls apart in world 6. The annoying thing is, the game can zoom out to give you a better view as it does in one specific instance. In world 6 the 'not leader' was basically constantly dying and reviving. Either getting dragged into death, not being able to see the dangers out of view or simply getting left behind. Still not the Mario co-op experience I would like to see.

Also psa, don't spend your 999 purple coins finally finding a shop in world 6. We wasted them on all standees (which you keep getting duplicates of the same ones so good luck collecting them all lol) and then suddenly you need 50 here, 50 there, 300 for a new badge, and another couple 50s doh.

The levels are still fun and creative, the co-op experience is drawing the F word out a lot :/ It does make certain things easier and jumping off Yoshi's back helps a lot to gain extra height, yet any levels with a lot of movement are a pita in co-op.

SvennoJ said:

We just completed world 6, minus the one that requires 25 flowers to unlock. We got the 25 but the game teleported us away for a cut scene :/

Time for a break anyway as co-op kinda falls apart in world 6. The annoying thing is, the game can zoom out to give you a better view as it does in one specific instance. In world 6 the 'not leader' was basically constantly dying and reviving. Either getting dragged into death, not being able to see the dangers out of view or simply getting left behind. Still not the Mario co-op experience I would like to see.

Also psa, don't spend your 999 purple coins finally finding a shop in world 6. We wasted them on all standees (which you keep getting duplicates of the same ones so good luck collecting them all lol) and then suddenly you need 50 here, 50 there, 300 for a new badge, and another couple 50s doh.

The levels are still fun and creative, the co-op experience is drawing the F word out a lot :/ It does make certain things easier and jumping off Yoshi's back helps a lot to gain extra height, yet any levels with a lot of movement are a pita in co-op.

Yeah I didnt really bother getting the standees, when I did it was only one standee after visiting a shop for the first time.

World 6 has been pretty long and ya the levels are unforgiving for those who do co-op - I think I saw a Luigi and a Toad team dying constantly (well the Toad at least so I'm assuming it was Luigi who was the leader).

Made it into Castle Bowser.

I'm like two levels before the final level.

Also to mention the Special World - I did two levels, but man they were pretty hard but at least I got them done.

I think I'll be done with the game after I beat Bowser.

11 hours in - so not bad.