By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Starfield will be 30 fps on Xbox Series X and S.

BasilZero said:

Sucks its not 60 on Xbox - I'll be getting it on PC before I buy it on console.

Hopefully a patch will be available in the future.

There hasn't been a year that I haven't thought about getting back into PC gaming, mainly the library not the performance. But the "other things" keep nudging me. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I'm having a great time with Tears of the Kingdom at 30fps even after being spoiled with high framerates for years. I think 40fps is the sweet spot, and anything above 40 should be reserved for competitive and racing games.

Starfield looks good, hopefully a 40fps patch is on the way.

Kyuu said:

I'm having a great time with Tears of the Kingdom at 30fps even after being spoiled with high framerates for years. I think 40fps is the sweet spot, and anything above 40 should be reserved for competitive and racing games.

DMC isn't competitive but it and Bayonetta and similar games work best at 60FPS. Forgetting the general reboot drama aside people were furious when DmC was 30FPS on 7th gen while DMC4 was 60. Those games need to be.  Just a general rule in that genre. I can't imagine playing even a TPS like VanQuish at 30FPS. It would kill that game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Zelda still game of the year by far, based on what was shown. What annoyed me more than the 30fps, was the taa implementation that causes motion blur every time you fire at an enemy. This is what made me uninstall forspoken, because I hate the fact that I can't see clearly the damage or hit reaction from enemies, without some smear thrown in..

Leynos said:
Kyuu said:

DMC isn't competitive but it and Bayonetta and similar games work best at 60FPS. Forgetting the general reboot drama aside people were furious when DmC was 30FPS on 7th gen while DMC4 was 60. Those games need to be.  Just a general rule in that genre. I can't imagine playing even a TPS like VanQuish at 30FPS. It would kill that game.

True. STG/SHMUP is another genre that is virtually unplayable at 30fps. But I'd like to try them at 40fps. I don't have a 120hz display yet so I never actually played any game at a proper 40fps.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
DroidKnight said:

Sheesh, just don't land on that planet.  The moon is fine, but goddam, that spurting lava and igniting atmosphere should have been a dead giveaway.

People may have forgotten when he promise 76 just works and it launched a broken mess or how Fallout 4 on Digital Foundry was often hitting 0FPS on base Xbox One. Todd is just a pathological liar and they constantly screw up and lie about their CEs. I trust Todd as much as Gollum can throw his hobbit ass lol

Show us on the doll where Godd Howard hurt you.

Last edited by LudicrousSpeed - on 12 June 2023

Leynos said:

I can't imagine playing even a TPS like VanQuish at 30FPS. It would kill that game.

Having played and platinum'd it on PS3, I disagree. Still one of my TPS to this day. 

twintail said:
Leynos said:

I can't imagine playing even a TPS like VanQuish at 30FPS. It would kill that game.

Having played and platinum'd it on PS3, I disagree. Still one of my TPS to this day. 

I played on PS3 but don't recall it being 30FPS but it's been a long time. PG usually aims for 60. Tho since then, I play it often on PC and PS4/5. I think I finish that game at least half a dozen times a year lol.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

After seeing everything they've thrown into this game, and the sheer scope, I can't say I'm surprised. Slight bummer, but I'm still hyped. The game looks incredible

Doesn't matter, as long as the 30fps is stable and consistent. Also hopefully the input lag is low.

That's all they need for the game to feel good.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|