By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Starfield will be 30 fps on Xbox Series X and S.

Around the Network

If it was a First Person Shooter, I'd be pissed.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Todd lies and it's Bethesda so really it will be 3FPS on Xbox Series X and 0.3 on Series S

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Todd lies and it's Bethesda so really it will be 3FPS on Xbox Series X and 0.3 on Series S

Sheesh, just don't land on that planet.  The moon is fine, but goddam, that spurting lava and igniting atmosphere should have been a dead giveaway.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Leynos said:

Sheesh, just don't land on that planet.  The moon is fine, but goddam, that spurting lava and igniting atmosphere should have been a dead giveaway.

People may have forgotten when he promise 76 just works and it launched a broken mess or how Fallout 4 on Digital Foundry was often hitting 0FPS on base Xbox One. Todd is just a pathological liar and they constantly screw up and lie about their CEs. I trust Todd as much as Gollum can throw his hobbit ass lol

Around the Network

I guess it's a CPU limitation cause otherwise 4K 30 should mean 60 is possible at a lower resolution. Since it's apparently often way above 30 and even sometimes at 60 I see no reason why they can't do what the Hogwarts Legacy devs did and let you unlock the frame rate. At least some people would prefer an inconsistent but higher frame rate so it should be a standard option.

Leynos said:
DroidKnight said:

People may have forgotten when he promise 76 just works and it launched a broken mess or how Fallout 4 on Digital Foundry was often hitting 0FPS on base Xbox One. Todd is just a pathological liar and they constantly screw up and lie about their CEs. I trust Todd as much as Gollum can throw his hobbit ass lol

Oh damn, I thought you were just cracking wise.  I'm sorry for your hurt.

DroidKnight said:
Leynos said:

Oh damn, I thought you were just cracking wise.  I'm sorry for your hurt.

Nah not hurt. More of a disdain for AAA publishers. Made a topic on AAA devs lying and then fake apologies. The AAA industry is broken and it's all basically the Sonic cycle. Personally could not give less of a fuck about Bethesda games. I cuss but don't take it as anger. Just over the top expression.

Radek said:

It's very fluid and easy on the eyes to move the camera etc.

Why is it overrated? Why don't they at least do 40 fps mode for 120 Hz TV's?

Todd even said the game can hit 60 fps sometimes but they locked it to 30 for consistency. 40 fps mode should be possible.

Unless the 30fps is not rock solid and runs poorly, playing a game at 30fps has a 0% reduction in my enjoyment of it.

Should there be options for 60fps or at least 40fps with 120 hz? Absolutely! More options like this should be the least a dev can do for ppl who want specific settings etc.

Sucks its not 60 on Xbox - I'll be getting it on PC before I buy it on console.

Hopefully a patch will be available in the future.