By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console players. A question on preference.

Visual fidelity or framerate

I prefer higher framerates 46 51.69%

I prefer better visuals 19 21.35%

Either way. I'm not picky 24 26.97%

Total:89
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

You're specifically picking out games that have a conservative visual style or are Wii U ports though; a system's capability is not defined by its best sellers, unless you think GTA5, COD, or FIFA are the best example of PS4's capabilities.

We were never talking about system's capability. 

I get your point, that high end graphics aren't necessary for games to be sell, and I agree with it, it's just a common misunderstanding that Switch has 7th graphics so just commenting to clarify that issue, not to disagree with your argument.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

We were never talking about system's capability. 

I get your point, that high end graphics aren't necessary for games to be sell, and I agree with it, it's just a common misunderstanding that Switch has 7th graphics so just commenting to clarify that issue, not to disagree with your argument.

What's wrong with thinking that? The graphics difference between ps4 and switch were a generation apart. fi you look at the jump from PS4 to PS5 it's much smaller then switch  to ps4. you act like some kinda insult lol.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

What's wrong with thinking that? The graphics difference between ps4 and switch were a generation apart. fi you look at the jump from PS4 to PS5 it's much smaller then switch  to ps4. you act like some kinda insult lol.

It's not an insult, it's simply not correct, and incorrect information should always be pointed out, out of respect for the truth and human intelligence.

Switch to PS4 isn't quite generational; PS3 to PS4 is generational, but the Switch is quite a bit ahead of the PS3, having 6 times as much RAM and a GPU ten years newer with more modern features.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 June 2023

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

It's not an insult, it's simply not correct, and incorrect information should always be pointed out, out of respect for the truth and human intelligence.

Switch to PS4 isn't quite generational; PS3 to PS4 is generational, but the Switch is quite a bit ahead of the PS3, having 6 times as much RAM and a GPU ten years newer with more modern features.

We know the hardware is more powerful. PS5 destroys PS4 PRO spec wise, but graphically  so far the biggest differences is 60fps, and i have no problem with people thinking it has 8th gen graphics at 60fps. I disagree baed on the games i see it's differently feels like generational jump between ps4 and switch.     

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

We know the hardware is more powerful. PS5 destroys PS4 PRO spec wise, but graphically  so far the biggest differences is 60fps, and i have no problem with people thinking it has 8th gen graphics at 60fps. I disagree baed on the games i see it's differently feels like generational jump between ps4 and switch.     

That's fair enough, but based on the actual specs of the 7th gen vs 8th gen consoles, Switch doesn't align neatly with either generation, it falls partway between the two.

Around the Network

Remember the promise before this generation started about games would be 60-120FPS? Here is another console exclusive that is only hitting 30FPS https://www.ign.com/articles/bethesdas-todd-howard-confirms-starfield-performance-and-frame-rate-on-xbox-series-x-and-s

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Remember the promise before this generation started about games would be 60-120FPS? Here is another console exclusive that is only hitting 30FPS https://www.ign.com/articles/bethesdas-todd-howard-confirms-starfield-performance-and-frame-rate-on-xbox-series-x-and-s

And I argued that would never happen... Because:

1) Fixed hardware doesn't change, developers are always looking at ways to make sacrifices to make their games look and run better, so resolution+framerate is the first to go.

2) RT is heavy.

3) Consoles are only using mid-range hardware.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Leynos said:

1) Fixed hardware doesn't change, developers are always looking at ways to make sacrifices to make their games look and run better, so resolution+framerate is the first to go.

2) RT is heavy.

It was bound to happen with a few super ambitious games.  

Pemalite said:
Leynos said:

2) RT is heavy.

Oh, I knew it wasn't going to happen. I'm just tired of the lies. 8th gen they promised 1080P 60FPS all the time. 7th gen Sony promised their games would be 1080P but you can fit the list of 1080P games on PS3 on a single page of a notepad.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Pemalite said:

2) RT is heavy.

Oh, I knew it wasn't going to happen. I'm just tired of the lies. 8th gen they promised 1080P 60FPS all the time. 7th gen Sony promised their games would be 1080P but you can fit the list of 1080P games on PS3 on a single page of a notepad.

I don't remember sony promising those things on all games.