By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What Movie/TV Adaptation Do You Want to See Next?

With the success of the Super Mario Bros movie hitting 1 billion at the box office, which other games would you like to see on the big screen? This is including titles that have been announced (Jak & Daxter, Ghost of Tsushima, Borderlands, etc.) or just a wishlist of what you want to come out.  

Most of the titles mentioned here will likely be used in this weeks upcoming poll. 

Around the Network

Zelda

The Legend of Zelda movie

Kingdom Hearts anime/cartoon

Gears of War live action TV series

VanQuish.
ZOE2.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Good idea for a weekly poll.

I'm not sure I'd trust anyone to do them justice, but in an ideal world I'd like to see live action adaptations of:

1. Shadow of the Colossus
  2. BioShock
  3. Mass Effect
  4. Homeworld 
  5. Fallout (fingers crossed this turns out good)
  6. Portal
  7. Half-Life
  8. Dead Space
  9. Singularity
  10. Cyberpunk 2077 (this setting but a completely different story)

Around the Network

Ok hear me out here: An animated Zelda TV Series where Link is canonically mute which starts out in a Knight Academy setting like Skyward Sword.

A little specific I know, but playing Skyward Sword made me wish for something like that which captures his full journey from just another Knight Trainee to the Hero of [noun] that braves half the world on his quest and grows along the way. In any case I don't want to see them try to shove a Zelda story into a 90 min film.

I also generally think animated adaptations is the way to go in 90 % of cases, it's much harder to get live action right.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

hmm, maybe Mass Effect? I do like a good sci-fi show!

I'm mildly interested in the already-announced Fallout tv adaptation. Stuff that isn't announced, as Kapi mentioned; Mass Effect would be a potentially good one.

My vote is for Neuromancer. I loved that game, its been years though. Supposedly, a script has already been written, with input from William Gibson himself.

If America leads - the free world will follow.

Mass effect with henry cavill as shepard