By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favorite Nintendo Controller?

What is your favorite Nintendo controller?

NES controller 1 2.70%

SNES Controller 5 13.51%

N64 Controller 3 8.11%

Gamecube Controller 4 10.81%

Wii Remote 2 5.41%

Wii U Gamepad 2 5.41%

Wii U Pro Controller 3 8.11%

Switch Joy Cons 1 2.70%

Switch Pro Controller 16 43.24%

Total:37

GC controller is the best

Around the Network

Wiimote + Nunchuk.

Playing games like RE4 and Metroid Prime 3 with this setup was the most sublimely satisfyingly controls I've ever experienced.

Switch Pro Controller. Great battery life, staggered thumbsticks, have yet to experience any issues with the one pro controller I purchased back in 2019, unlike Xbox and PlayStation controllers where I'm constantly getting stick drift. 

Switch Pro Controller. I don't have a single complaint about that thing.

Honorable mention: SNES. I love that controller since I grew up with it and I am damn happy that I got the wireless one for the switch which Nintendo won't stock anymore for some reason.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I'd have to say Switch Pro > Will U Pro > GameCube IMO

Around the Network

The Switch pro controller.

I think I only used the joy cons once and never touched them again.

WiiU Pro controller too and I only used the gamepad just for the annoying requirement for BotW's puzzles.

Third would be the Gamecube controller and then SNES/NES controllers.

I really hate the N64 controller, Wiimote, Gamepad and Joycons.

mZuzek said:

Switch Pro is the best, followed by Wii U Pro and Gamepad.

The others range from average to horrible.

Pretty much! Although I would probably, at times,  change the order a bit and put the WiiU pro controller in first place.  And only God knows how much I wish the Switch felt more like the Gamepad in handheld mode. The Gamepad is the most brilliant piece of hardware for handheld gaming (“grip-wise”) ever.  

Valdney said:
mZuzek said:

Switch Pro is the best, followed by Wii U Pro and Gamepad.

The others range from average to horrible.

Pretty much! Although I would probably, at times,  change the order a bit and put the WiiU pro controller in first place.  And only God knows how much I wish the Switch felt more like the Gamepad in handheld mode. The Gamepad is the most brilliant piece of hardware for handheld gaming (“grip-wise”) ever.  

Doesn't help that the Joy-Cons keep disconnecting from the console when in handheld mode, so you have to hold it super carefully and/or awkwardly.

...Oh, yeah. That's a problem only I have.

But that's the thing with the Switch, isn't it? Everyone has a different problem with theirs. Flimsy thing.

I didn't mind the SNES, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube controllers.

The NES controller was uncomfortable, my hands aren't square.
The Wii controller didn't resonate with me, I want a controller not a waggle stick.
The Switch controllers are tiny and unreliable.
WiiU Gamepad had a short battery life.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

The NES controller was uncomfortable, my hands aren't square..

The N64 controller was uncomfortable, my hands aren't three.