Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best central hardware feature

I think the best is...

Motion controls (Wii) 10 18.52%

Dual screens (DS) 1 1.85%

Stereoscopic 3D (3DS) 3 5.56%

Hybrid functionality (Switch) 37 68.52%

Gamepad screen (Wii U) 3 5.56%

Total:54

Since 2004, Nintendo's systems have been designed around a central hardware feature, from motion controls on Wii to the hybrid functionality of the Switch.

Which do you think is the best of these, and why?

Around the Network

Surely the motion controls (Wii). It was a revolution for its time. Playing games like Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Wii Sports was a lot of fun.

What about Wii U gamepad?

WiiU gamepad for me. It was great to have the UI, map and inventory on the gamepad while having the screen free of any clutter.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Surely the motion controls (Wii). It was a revolution for its time. Playing games like Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Wii Sports was a lot of fun.

What about Wii U gamepad?

My mistake; added an option for the Gamepad.

Hybrid functionality - no other answer matches up to it.

The fact that you can play on the go or at home is a greater feature than anything else in the poll.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Hybrid functionality - no other answer matches up to it.

The fact that you can play on the go or at home is a greater feature than anything else in the poll.

It's great if you want to play on the go. I don't, and you can't use the switch as secondary screen like the WiiU :/ So just paying for a screen I'll never use...
To me the Switch is a step backwards, but I know I'm in the minority on that. Not surprising since 3DS sold loads more than WiiU.

I know not many people feel this way but I really enjoyed the 3d on the 3ds. Playing Star fox 3d for the first time was really cool. Also really enjoyed 3d land

Wow that's tough. Can't decide!

The hybrid concept. It made absolutely sense for Nintendo.

I always liked the idea (bought a PS TV just to play my Vita games on TV, found it fantastic as a concept), but Nintendo bring it on another level.

And now I spend hours playing Hogwarts Legacy on my tv through my Steam Deck, and I wouldn't want to go to a traditional console where unplugging it by mistake means hardware check and updates and launching games all over again.

Definitely not dual screens, 3d or Gamepad. Can live without all of those just fine.

The hybrid setup is probably the most important one for Nintendo.