By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2023 VGChartz Estimates Thread - Worldwide Estimates Out Now

Thank you very much, @trunks! :)

Simply put: SO nice to finally see PS5 sales getting traction.

I even have to admit that I actually didn't expect Europe's PS5 sales for February exceeding PS4 sales for the same month in 2016. As PS4 continued to have had exceptionally good sales compared to PS3.

Man, I have to admit once again that these PS5 figures so far in 2023 make me wonder at what numbers PS5 will eventually peak over its lifetime. "Keep on keeping on!"

Around the Network

With the UK and Spain numbers been considerably up in February compared to January, numbers seem a little bit low, but again these are estimates.

Thank you for the good work William.

kazuyamishima said:

With the UK and Spain numbers been considerably up in February compared to January, numbers seem a little bit low, but again these are estimates.

Thank you for the good work William.

In the UK, PS5 sales are up 27% compared to January 2023, while it is up 316% compared to February 2022.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/456479/ps5-sales-jump-316-year-on-year-in-the-uk-in-february-hogwarts-legacy-best-selling-game/

In the Europe report (missing UK, Germany, and some Eastern European countries) PS5 sales are up 400%, however, sales in February 2022 were rather low due to the shortages. Nothing on how sales did compared to January 2023.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/456501/ps5-sales-jump-400-year-on-year-in-europe-in-february-2023-hogwarts-legacy-best-selling-game/

As far as Spain sales PS5 sold 28K in January and 32.5K in February - a 16% increase month-on-month.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

So, aside of the UK and Spain, the rest of Europe was Flat Month on Month??

Great numbers for PS5 in Europe.

Around the Network

I mainly used that 5 times increase year-on-year in the tracked countries in the Europe report for February as the report didn't provide month-on-month changes like it has in the past. February 2022 was really low for PS5 at just 97K in Europe according to our estimates, compared to 159K for January 2023. The overall year-on-year change is between the UK % and tracked Europe markets %. I do the best I can with a limited amount of data. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Thanks for your work Will.

CosmicSex said:

You're welcome! It isn't easy given the limited amount of data. Though the monthly reports do provide more data to help make the initial estimates more accurate compared to when we did weekly estimates. 

trunkswd said:
CosmicSex said:

You're welcome! It isn't easy given the limited amount of data. Though the monthly reports do provide more data to help make the initial estimates more accurate compared to when we did weekly estimates. 

Completely understandable given the missing data points such as MoM as you already mentioned.  One thing that helps sometimes is trying to extrapolate an estimation based on known relationships.  Japan having 34% UK having 27% and Spain having 18% making you job a lot more difficult though.  

Thanks for the work you put in.  Anyone claiming this is easy is kidding themselves. 

CosmicSex said:
trunkswd said:

Completely understandable given the missing data points such as MoM as you already mentioned.  One thing that helps sometimes is trying to extrapolate an estimation based on known relationships.  Japan having 34% UK having 27% and Spain having 18% making you job a lot more difficult though.  

Thanks for the work you put in.  Anyone claiming this is easy is kidding themselves. 

I wish more data points were available. But I do what I can. And like always adjustments do occur when more data becomes available. I should add I actually put PS5 sales in the tracked Europe markets from the monthly report a bit over the 5 times increase year-on-year (Up around 5.25 times year-on-year).

Last edited by trunkswd - on 15 March 2023