By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Wow loved what I saw. Sony is gaming company catered to my tastes.

Around the Network

Jan- The last of us Part II Remastered
Feb- Helldivers 2 and FF7 Rebirth
Mar- Rise of the Ronin
Apr- Stellar Blade

That's Solid First 4 months.
They'll probably do a showcase sometime in may/june to reveal what's coming in the 2nd half of 2024 and Beyond.

Ronin looks great. Kinda the ugliest, graphics wise, but the best gameplay wise.

Time will tell.

twintail said:

I think overall this was a really great showing. I hope future SOPs are done in a similar manner and I hope there are more throughout the year this time.

The Stellar Blade trailer has me a lot more excited for it than before. Previous showings seemed to focus more on sexiness of the protagonist, and while that is still present here, I'm glad this showing showed other sides to the game.

SH Short Message finally appearing? Fantastic! Looks like a short title but hey, looks fun.

SH2 Remake - looks like a budget RE title now. Not necessarily a bad thing but makes me wish Sony did more with their emulation so the originals could be playable alongside these very different remakes. 

Until Dawn - probably the most disappointing trailer. I just can't believe that this is what Balistic Moon is working on. It's the sort of title they'd be making, and I really hope they have an original game far in the pipeline (which is what I think we all assumed). UD is a fantastic game, but this doesn't look like we're getting anything fundamentally different from the original experience, which I think makes BM being on this all the more disappointing tbqh.

Death Stranding 2 - looks insane. I haven't been a Kojima fan for quite some time, but this makes me want to go back and play the original. it being 2025 was a little surprising to me (I figured 2024), but considering what was shown off, I can see why development may have taken longer than I thought. 

Physint - honestly, when Kojima mentioned making an original action espionage, I was already all in. Even if I never get around to playing DS and DS2, I think I'm going to be totally into whatever this game ends up being. 

Fantastic show. Sony and PS5 have good years ahead. 

Perhaps they are making something like ND done, make the remake with the engine they are using for their upcoming game to both test out/improve their experience and also get some money rolling to finance the other game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Perhaps they are making something like ND done, make the remake with the engine they are using for their upcoming game to both test out/improve their experience and also get some money rolling to finance the other game.

Yeah it could very well be a test situation. Now that you mention engine, I'm honestly shocked that this is UE5 when the original was using Decima. 

I think the test part is correct, but perhaps they stuck with an engine they knew more of (UE) rather than spending more time (and the effort of Guerrilla engineers) starting with Decima.

So, I hope that this is a successful release, and that Balistic Moon move over to Decima for the own original release.

Since they're already doing Until Dawn, I'd like them to do a remake of The Inpatient as a sort of First Light/ Lost Legacy esque smaller release (or DLC) since that is a prequel to the events of UD. That could be a cool addition since it would need a lot of fleshing out from the original VR version. 

Around the Network

Here's Why Supermassive didn't make Until Dawn 2

One employee, for instance, told us, "The Quarry team was originally Until Dawn 2 working with Sony. And Sony basically paid for them to be making this for them as a prototype. Then once the prototype was done, Supermassive turned around and said, 'We're going to shop this around and see if anyone else wants it", which was kind of the final nail in the coffin of any relationship with Sony. They ended up getting picked up by Google who funded it for years."

Another employee seemed to confirm The Quarry was at one point Until Dawn 2, but offered a slightly different take on these events, suggesting it was Sony who broke things off over The Dark Pictures' multi-platform approach: "The Quarry started as a pitch for Until Dawn, but they didn't have the license. They burnt their bridges with Sony by releasing Dark Pictures on multiple platforms. As far as I'm aware someone else has that license now."

If this is true, I would imagine that the big issue is that Google swooped in, paid overly big bucks for Stadia, and then pulled out later. 

twintail said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah it could very well be a test situation. Now that you mention engine, I'm honestly shocked that this is UE5 when the original was using Decima. 

I think the test part is correct, but perhaps they stuck with an engine they knew more of (UE) rather than spending more time (and the effort of Guerrilla engineers) starting with Decima.

So, I hope that this is a successful release, and that Balistic Moon move over to Decima for the own original release.

Since they're already doing Until Dawn, I'd like them to do a remake of The Inpatient as a sort of First Light/ Lost Legacy esque smaller release (or DLC) since that is a prequel to the events of UD. That could be a cool addition since it would need a lot of fleshing out from the original VR version. 

I heard people saying that most of the team working on it have previous experience with Decima and that they felt the remaster using Decima wouldn't give them as big jump in graphics. I find it odd. I do think more familiarizar with UE and prototyping for their next game makes more sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

the-pi-guy said:

Here's Why Supermassive didn't make Until Dawn 2

One employee, for instance, told us, "The Quarry team was originally Until Dawn 2 working with Sony. And Sony basically paid for them to be making this for them as a prototype. Then once the prototype was done, Supermassive turned around and said, 'We're going to shop this around and see if anyone else wants it", which was kind of the final nail in the coffin of any relationship with Sony. They ended up getting picked up by Google who funded it for years."

Another employee seemed to confirm The Quarry was at one point Until Dawn 2, but offered a slightly different take on these events, suggesting it was Sony who broke things off over The Dark Pictures' multi-platform approach: "The Quarry started as a pitch for Until Dawn, but they didn't have the license. They burnt their bridges with Sony by releasing Dark Pictures on multiple platforms. As far as I'm aware someone else has that license now."

If this is true, I would imagine that the big issue is that Google swooped in, paid overly big bucks for Stadia, and then pulled out later. 

The 2 accounts even if different paint it as Supermassive in the wrong and perhaps a little greedy and ended up damaging themselves.

Incase the several people saying so and the dualsense support added to it for pc in a patch last week wasn't enough evidence that MS was bringing hifi rush to PlayStation: Datamining has discovered t-shirt textures in the recent anniversary update that seem to be for the PS/Switch versions of the game.